Gibson Brands Forums

pickup failure?

jrseriel

Well i have a les paul studio, ive had it for half a year. but its 2 years old. And it has its original stock pickups in it. Lately ive noticed that if i stay in one physical position and play, after alittle it will cut out, but once i switch to my bridge pickup i dont have this probelm. Is this the cable, a possible pickup failure, or anthing else. Much would be appreciated. thank you

More likely a loose or poor solder connection or the pot going bad. Does pushing on the volume pot do anything? If not, remove the rear access cover and try wiggling the wires while it's plugged into an amp and a chord is ringing.

Thanks. And i guess you guys arent going to forgive me for my montague of questions and ridicoulas theorys. Anyways. I found out that both of the pickups go out to sooo maybe that'll change stuff.

If both go out it is the switch or a wire on the jack.

From my (little) experience, most probably the selector, just like anyone else said... No big deal however, it can be easily fixed by your local guitar-tech guy.

nothing unusual to gibson, quite often to Epi's as well... (especially if you wanna perform that kill-sound effect, just like Slash / Billy Duffy on long sustaining notes... I know I do!)

From my (little) experience' date=' most probably the selector, just like anyone else said... No big deal however, it can be easily fixed by your local guitar-tech guy.

nothing unusual to gibson, quite often to Epi's as well... (especially if you wanna perform that kill-sound effect, just like Slash / Billy Duffy on long sustaining notes... I know I do!)

[/quote']

exactly I do it all the time. thanks guys

Archived