Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone tried "Tube Amp Doctor" tubes

Bluemoon

Bluemoon - I re-capped my 6G6-A with TAD supplied caps. Word of warning.....

Write or type your order as clearly and unambiguously as possible.

First try they sent the wrong make AND the wrong value on 2 out of 4.

They sorted it f.o.c. and quickly too - but the slight delay was a pain.

Bluemoon - I re-capped my 6G6-A with TAD supplied caps. Word of warning.....

Write or type your order as clearly and unambiguously as possible.

First try they sent the wrong make AND the wrong value on 2 out of 4.

They sorted it f.o.c. and quickly too - but the slight delay was a pain.

Huh? What are you talking about?

OK Bluemoon - I'll talk real slowly.....

Back on Friday 30th October 2009 @ 05:13 you asked if anyone had tried TAD EL84 tubes.

Just to confirm that, at 05:23 that same day you pointed out to Bowdiddley that it was TAD you were asking about rather than whatever he had got from EuroTubes.

So here's the deal. I naively assumed you would be ordering the TAD tubes from TAD. That being the case, I wanted to warn you that when I ordered four different values of capacitors from TAD for my Fender Bassman Brown-faced Blonde 1962 6G6-A head - they got two of the four wrong, sending parts other than those I had ordered. Maybe a language thing, maybe just poor "goods out" handling, who knows.

So I thought I would warn you, in the nature of friendly passing on of information which just might help your order go more smoothly than mine. Sure - they corrected the order and didn't charge me, but it took time - a problem you, forewarned, might just avoid by making sure your order was totally unambiguous.

THAT'S what I was talking about. My bad. I shouldn't have worried. Apologies for troubling you.....

Archived