Gibson Brands Forums

Whew! I thought it was another signature model!

ksdaddy

Actually, in my opinion, Gibson should come out with a Miley Cyrus signature model based on the really cool acoustic sunburst Custom Shop Gibson she plays (I've taken my young daughter to a number of Miley Cyrus concerts) with a ton of pearl inlays on the neck. Miley Cyrus playing a Gibson, as she does, undoubtedly will steer a lot of young fans towards possibly becoming guitar players themselves and playing a Gibson brand guitar as Miley does. Gibson having a signature model for her will only help that cause. (This is by no means an original idea as I'm sure Gibson has likely already thought of it...Epiphone was a sponsor at the last Miley Cyrus concert I took my daughter to a month or so ago and by being a sponsor was encouraging the young fans before the concert to send a text message to an Epiphone contest to win an Epiphone guitar autographed by Miley. Smart marketing especially with Taylor Swift tied to Taylor, a smart move on Taylor's part.) Let's hope Gibson captures the younguns with the fact Miley apparently favors Gibsons before Taylor or someone else tries to get to her as an endorser. I know my young daughter noticed I play Gibson guitars after she noticed Miley does...(something she probably should have stated the other way around, but oh well. At least my daughter now noticed I play Gibsons.)

Just my two cents.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Actually' date=' in my opinion, Gibson should come out with a Miley Cyrus signature model based on the really cool acoustic sunburst Custom Shop Gibson she plays (I've taken my young daughter to a number of Miley Cyrus concerts) with a ton of pearl inlays on the neck. Miley Cyrus playing a Gibson, as she does, undoubtedly will steer a lot of young fans towards possibly becoming guitar players themselves and playing a Gibson brand guitar as Miley does. Gibson having a signature model for her will only help that cause. (This is by no means an original idea as I'm sure Gibson has likely already thought of it...Epiphone was a sponsor at the last Miley Cyrus concert I took my daughter to a month or so ago and by being a sponsor was encouraging the young fans before the concert to send a text message to an Epiphone contest to win an Epiphone guitar autographed by Miley. Smart marketing especially with Taylor Swift tied to Taylor, a smart move on Taylor's part.) Let's hope Gibson captures the younguns with the fact Miley apparently favors Gibsons before Taylor or someone else tries to get to her as an endorser. I know my young daughter noticed I play Gibson guitars after she noticed Miley does...(something she probably should have stated the other way around, but oh well. At least my daughter now noticed I play Gibsons.)

Just my two cents.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff[/quote']

Epi did a similar thing for the Jonas Brothers.

Seriously, all of the signature model stuff aside, he seems to be saying that this is a Legend Series 1934 L-OO. I'm under the impression that Gibson was not making the Legend Series in 2001. Am I mistaken about that, or is that ebay ad as misleading as I think it is?

Billy Ray musta gotten aholt of it and snapped the neck.

Taylor Swift? :( What were they thinking? they shoulda gone with Mylie instead. She is a REAL artist and should have gotten the award...

Sorry [blush] Having a ConYay Woerst moment. #-o

Archived