Gibson Brands Forums

Counterfeit Gibsons

Kustikah

Once in a while' date=' I run into people selling counterfeit Gibsons. I always wonder what I can do when this happens. Is there some way that I can turn these scam artists in?[/quote']

This has always been a hot topic here my friend.

Truth is, the bad guys are getting better at making them.

There is a micro-chip on your Gibson, but I believe you need to send the guitar back to Nashville to have

it read.

This has always been a hot topic here my friend.

Truth is' date=' the bad guys are getting better at making them.

There is a micro-chip on your Gibson, but I believe you need to send the guitar back to Nashville to have

it read.

[/quote']

Gibson should consider putting in a GPS tracking device too!

If you see an offering for sale on the 'net, notify Gibson directly. They've got the man power and where with all to pursue it.

If you see a brick and mortar store selling copies, do the same.

If it is some guy selling out of the back of his '87 Buick, notify the local Jean-de-Arms. He likely doesn't have the requisite permits to sell anything out of the back of his '87 Buick.

I did not know that we can notify Gibson directly. I see that crap on eBay a lot. I always report the item as counterfeit. I told a seller once "This is not a real Gibson. You need to list it as such." He replied, "How can you tell?" I said "I've got two working eyes and a 16 year long obsession." It does my heart good to see those auctions yanked. Stupid a-holes selling knock offs for $2000+.

Archived