Gibson Brands Forums

Recent Trip to GC

Silenced Fred

American Strat?

Keep it!

You can always use it for something.

I have limited experience with the 339' date=' and from what I understand they are incredible guitars.

BUT....

[u']I do not believe they are a direct replacement for a 335.[/u]Maybe close enough for some people, but the more I played my 335 the more I loved it.Someday I'm sure I'll get a 339 as well.

That's how I roll.

:-k

Thank you. Neo.

I heard that it was thinner' date=' but I also heard it was "flatter"? Oh well, I will just have to play one.

I know exactly what you mean, That's why I am considering selling my Strat, [b']the different scale just feels off[/b]. I also use a tone of bends in the music I write, and the Gibson scale length is much easier for me

That's the problem I have with Les Pauls, and why I love my Nighthawk so much. I learned everything I know on a Strat with a 25.5 Inch scale length, so I'm always overshooting the frets on a usual Gibby. The Nighthawk is one of the only Gibsons with a Strat like scale length.

If you want that strat tone with a shorter scale length, Check out one of these Gibbys

gibson-sg-standard-w3-2007.jpg

American Strat?

Keep it!

You can always use it for something.

I have limited experience with the 339' date=' and from what I understand they are incredible guitars.

BUT....

I do not believe they are a direct replacement for a 335.

Maybe close enough for some people, but the more I played my 335 the more I loved it.

Someday I'm sure I'll get a 339 as well.

That's how I roll.

[confused

No, it is an old MIJ Strat, its beat to hell and I don't play it anymore. I bought it from a friend for 47 bucks with the hardcase, well the guitar was 2 bucks, but he insisted the case go with the guitar for 45 [blink]

I figure if I don't play it, why keep it?

I don't view the 339 as a direct replacement for a 335, but for my purposes, it does great. I like the availability of a very versatile guitar, which it is. You can get the chiminess along with some sounds of a hollowbody.

I would also like to get an American Standard Strat, but I am not that happy with this one, so I think it's gonna go if I can get a decent turnaround on it

Archived