Gibson Brands Forums

A post beginning "with respect" gets deleted?

Cruznolfart

How utterly ridicu-lous! If the exchange between CoC and myself was anything BUT respectful' date=' please explain.[/quote']

When you quote a post that's been deleted by another user, it deletes your post along with it.... basically a flaw in the system. So I'll assume your post was deleted during that fury.

Sorry your post fell victim[cool]

When you quote a post that's been deleted by another user' date=' it deletes your post along with it.... basically a flaw in the system. So I'll assume your post was deleted during that fury.

Sorry your post fell victim[cool']

Thank you. I understand.

Anybody get the Latin on my old high school crest I've got as a temporary avatar?

It's a bit more complex than Harvard's "veritas" or Yale's "lux et veritas," but it's kinda neat. Biblical, even.

It's a shame apparently some people are offended by the reality of any or all three, which results in this sort of question.

Hint on the Latin - more than a few educational institutions as well as one I attended have used the motto.

From Pliny the younger:

"I have avoided shame but deserve no praise. Admittedly, when Dominitian expelled his critics from Rome, I visited one, even loaned him money, though this jeopardised my own position. Seven of my friends had already been killed or exiled. I was clearly standing amid a rain of thunderbolts and there were signs that a similar end was in store for me."

m

Anybody get the Latin on my old high school crest I've got as a temporary avatar?

It's a bit more complex than Harvard's "veritas" or Yale's "lux et veritas' date='" but it's kinda neat. Biblical, even.

It's a shame apparently some people are offended by the reality of any or all three, which results in this sort of question.

Hint on the Latin - more than a few educational institutions as well as one I attended have used the motto.

From Pliny the younger:

"I have avoided shame but deserve no praise. Admittedly, when Dominitian expelled his critics from Rome, I visited one, even loaned him money, though this jeopardised my own position. Seven of my friends had already been killed or exiled. I was clearly standing amid a rain of thunderbolts and there were signs that a similar end was in store for me."

m

[/quote']

Quick Facts About Wellesley College

Motto: “Non Ministrari sed Ministrare” – “Not to be ministered unto, but to minister.”

QUED

FYI 'minister' is neither a religious verb nor noun, necessarily.

Motto: “Non Ministrari sed Ministrare” – “Not to be ministered unto' date=' but to minister.”[/i']

QUED

Minister comes to us from the greek thru latin. The greek can be both a noun and a verb depending on the word ending. The Greek is Deocanas or deocani - spelling is not correct, but the pronunciation is correct - phonically correct.

Motto: “Non Ministrari sed Ministrare” – “Not to be ministered unto' date=' but to minister.”[/i']

QUED

Actually minister comes to us from the greek thru latin. The greek can be both a noun and a verb depending on the word ending. The Greek is diakonos or deocanoi meaning "servant," and "to serve"

Archived