Gibson Brands Forums

How much would Gibson Patent No 2737 842 pickups be worth?

dudewhoasweet

Hey everybody.

I have a guitar that was purchased in 1969 by my father, The comapnys name is Raven and it is an acrylic guitar. It looks bassically like the Dan Armstrong guitar from AMPEG.

My dad got this guitar when he was about 16 or 17 and he chaged the stock pickups for gibson pickups.

Just tonight i took the pickguard off to look at the pickups and on the back of them it says Patent NO 2737 842.

I know there are old enough pickups however i dont know what year these would have been made in. My dad sdays they are from the 50's.

I was just wondering if anybody had info on these and could possibly tell me a price that they would go for.

Thank you.

i would show you but im new to the forums and have not yet figured out how to uplaod pictures. and to take pictures i would most likley need a working camera.... sorry.

even without seeing them, what are your thoughts, do you have a rough guess of what year they might be or even the price?

i would show you but im new to the forums and have not yet figured out how to uplaod pictures. and to take pictures i would most likley need a working camera.... sorry.

even without seeing them' date=' what are your thoughts, do you have a rough guess of what year they might be or even the price?[/quote']

I will need to see images....

If I were to go by your first post, and since pups are usually one of the first mods to be performed, they could be from 1970 to 1975 pups.

it's really tough to say[confused]

If this helps any' date=' they are not full sized humbuckers and they arent singel coils, there umm...mini humbucker size.[/quote']

If they are Gibson units then my guess would be a pair of mini-humbuckers from a Les Paul Deluxe.

We really do need to see snaps, though.

Here's how.

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=11276

welll ive been looking around and ive narrowed down the year to somewhere between 1969 - 1972 because the pickup covers have Gibson embossed on them' date=' and they only did that during those years.[/quote']

I believe they also did it on some models in 1963 which would have been one of the first years for patent number pickups.

Archived