Gibson Brands Forums

A lone wolf Christmas

Cruznolfart

Sometimes, when it's all over for the day, when the phone has stopped ringing, when I realize the "kids" are in their 40s and not here anymore, when I reflect on Christmas past and remember my Folks...I can't help but feel a little bit like this guy. We have this print on our stairwell wall, along with a couple other Doolittles. I betcha some of the other folks in here can identify, too.

cdgotaw.jpg

Have a nice evening, my friends, and get comfy with yourselves.

I'm lone wolfin'' date=' too. This morning, it was breakfast at the Waffle House. This evening, it's a turkey sandwich, a (start on a) 18-pack of Bud, and a little plinkin' on my guitar.[/quote']

Solo day, Natch? Hope it was a good one, mon. And a nice evening, too.

My son came into town early on the 23rd. We "did" Christmas that evening at my brother's place. He left early this morning to spend the rest of the holidays with his sister (and their mother, "the ex") in El Paso. So, it's not like I've been totally alone. Plus, I've got some old school buddies coming into town Monday....

My son came into town early on the 23rd. We "did" Christmas that evening at my brother's place. He left early this morning to spend the rest of the holidays with his sister (and their mother' date=' "the ex") in El Paso. So, it's not like I've been totally alone. Plus, I've got some old school buddies coming into town Monday....[/quote']

Cool. Glad you got to see your son. It's funny; I don't stay in touch with any of my old school friends. We made contact, a few of us, after 40 years or so, but never followed through on getting together. Must have ALL of us been loners kinda.

Have a good time with your buds, mon!

Archived