Gibson Brands Forums

Amp recommendations

mwink822

I'm sure that this has been discussed here before, but I need some amp recommendations. I currently play through a Peavey Delta Blues 210, but at higher volumes I get a whole lot of tube rattle and microphonic noise, and I've also noticed the same with some Classic 30s. I think that it may have something to do with how the tubes are mounted to the chasis. Anyway, I'm looking for something that's going to have at least two channels and a master volume control in addition to individual channel volume controls that way I don't irritate the neighbors.

I've looked at the Marshall JVM and it sounds awesome, but I'm not sure I'm really into the digital reverb. I'm also considering a Mesa Boogie Express 5:50, a Bogner Alchemist, and a Marshall TSL 602 if I can find one somewhere. Any others I should look into?

Rattley or microphonic tube noise can be fixed ... by replacing them. Save you some dough on a new amp if you don't really want to replace it. Not a mounting issue, just cheap tubes.

For an amp recomendation, I really like the Epihone blues custom 30. Switchable between 15 (calss A) and 30 (calss AB) watts, clean and over drive channels each with their own volume control, 2x12 & built like a tank. Also quite a bit less expensive than anything you've listed.

Archived