Gibson Brands Forums

To Beatles fanatics or "All knowing Guitar Gurus"

MojoRedFoot

My sister found this guitar in her attic when she bought her first house about 6 or 7 years ago. Being the only musician in the family, she gave it to me. I know little about Egmond guitars but everytime I do a search on them, people associate George Harrison with them. I cannot find any other guitar like it and the paper inside the body has been partially ripped out. I would appreciate any info guys. Thanks. Here's some pictures:

Egmondfull.jpg

SN:

EgmondSN.jpg

Egmondheadstockfront.jpg

I've owned a few Egmonds, a small archtop, a small student size acoustic, and a single pickup 335 style, I think it was called a Princess or something. I built a baritone guitar using an Egmond bass body, pickups and fingerboard and an Aria Telecaster neck. The body on that is really cheesy plywood.

j4.jpg

It has a 30" scale but everything is tucked together so close I can use regular guitar strings (14-58 or so).

The Princess was actually not a bad guitar. The local pawn shop had the two pickup model for the entire decade of the 70s I think.

There was a website run by a descendant of the family, not sure if it's still active. Some info, not much. Very little info on the cheap acoustics, even though that was what they seemed to make mostly. It's my understanding they were plentiful in the UK in the late 50s and early 60s because they were cheap.... think Harmony, Stella, Silvertone...

Most of the truss rod covers said "Made in Holland". I don't recall finding any info on serial numbers. Nothing I could believe anyway.

I've owned a few Egmonds' date=' a small archtop, a small student size acoustic, and a single pickup 335 style, I think it was called a Princess or something. I built a baritone guitar using an Egmond bass body, pickups and fingerboard and an Aria Telecaster neck. The body on that is really cheesy plywood.

[/quote']

I don't suppose you have a picture referrence of the stundent acoustic do you? Mine is the only one I have ever seen like it.

Archived