Gibson Brands Forums

Where can I buy original Gibson parts???

VanHalenJr

You cannot get gibson parts, what you can get is gibson parts.

:^o

You cannot get the wood. If you want a neck or a body your best bet is to get the whole guitar, take out what you need and sell the rest piece by pice on ebay...

But then why would you want just a gibson neck? Even if you bought a body to match (and where the neck would fit) and all the electronics you would a) spend as much as you would on a whole gibby, or B) spend just a little less in a guitar with a quality that would otherwise cost you 2 hundred bucks.

You cannot get gibson parts' date=' what you can get is gibson parts.

:^o

You cannot get the wood. If you want a neck or a body your best bet is to get the whole guitar, take out what you need and sell the rest piece by pice on ebay...

But then why would you want just a gibson neck? Even if you bought a body to match (and where the neck would fit) and all the electronics you would a) spend as much as you would on a whole gibby, or B) spend just a little less in a guitar with a quality that would otherwise cost you 2 hundred bucks.

[/quote']

This.

Thundergod said: You cannot get gibson parts, what you can get is gibson parts.

But then why would you want just a gibson neck? Even if you bought a body to match (and where the neck would fit) and all the electronics you would a) spend as much as you would on a whole gibby, or :- spend just a little less in a guitar with a quality that would otherwise cost you 2 hundred bucks.

I want a Gibson custom neck because I have: a Les Paul Custom body(epiphone), EMG 81 and EMG 85, all electronics and tuners. So it would be cheaper for me to buy a neck instead of a whole guitar.

Thundergod said: You cannot get gibson parts' date=' what you can get is gibson parts.

But then why would you want just a gibson neck? Even if you bought a body to match (and where the neck would fit) and all the electronics you would a) spend as much as you would on a whole gibby, or [biggrin spend just a little less in a guitar with a quality that would otherwise cost you 2 hundred bucks.

I want a Gibson custom neck because I have: a Les Paul Custom body(epiphone), EMG 81 and EMG 85, all electronics and tuners. So it would be cheaper for me to buy a neck instead of a whole guitar.

Come on now........I know it seems like that would work........but it will be a waste of your time and you will ruin the guitar you have....( is the neck broken on it ? ).......Anyway what you might find is a stripped Gibson maybe an SG

or LP that you could use your hardware and electronics in.....and that would be a Gibson.....but if you put a Gibson neck

on an Epi body that will still be an Epi.

I want a Gibson custom neck because I have: a Les Paul Custom body(epiphone)' date=' EMG 81 and EMG 85, all electronics and tuners. So it would be cheaper for me to buy a neck instead of a whole guitar.[/quote']

...why put a gibson neck on a epi body? it would probably damage a perfectly good guitar.

Epis are nice guitars, I know some people cannot get over the headstock shape and others cannot get over the name on the headstock, but they are good guitars, and changing the neck will probably ruin yours, and if it doesn't it wont do a lot of difference.

If Gibson started selling parts like Fender do then you would get lots of people building "Gibsons" just they they build "Fenders" from parts then selling them on places like ebay as "New" Gibsons. It's easier with Fenders because they have bolt on necks, but people are making an industry out of building bitsers and selling them as factory new Fenders. Maybe lots of them are very good, but if I buy a guitar I want it to be made by who's name it has on it. There are enough fraudulent guitars out there already.

Come on now........I know it seems like that would work........but it will be a waste of your time and you will ruin the guitar you have....( is the neck broken on it ? ).......Anyway what you might find is a stripped Gibson maybe an SG

or LP that you could use your hardware and electronics in.....and that would be a Gibson.....but if you put a Gibson neck

on an Epi body that will still be an Epi.

I like your thinking becuase I thought the same. But the problem is that I only find the Les Paul Studio and what I really want is the Standard or the Custom....But anyway. I thought about buying a Les Paul studio that is stripped.

Wow this feels good.....ah.....contradicting all of you.... though not really since its not an actual gibson neck.

Actually you can buy necks, they are unfinished, but they have a long neck tenon.

If you are still interested, I'll PM you

I also wondered how difficult it is to change from les paul custom inlays to Modern Split Block on my Les Paul Custom????

Gear:

2002-Epiphone Les Paul Custom( with EMG 81 and 82)

2007-Morgan Legend

1980-Ibanez M340WN

Can't help you there....sorry...

But I can tell you that you would need some sort of filler, to fill the space between the splits..

You might get more advice on the building aspect of guitars at mylespaul.com/forums

Archived