Gibson Brands Forums

Tube Overdrive / Tube Distiortion

Thundergod

Don't some of the overdrive/distortion pedals have a 12AX-7 or some such tube' date=' in them. I seem to remember

some that do/did, like Ibanez, Koch, maybe even Vox, or others?

CB[/quote']

I have a vox bulldog distortion pedal... and it's called a vox bullodg distortion pedal.. not a vox tube bulldog tube disttubeortion tube pedal [biggrin]

Same goes for:

EH tube loaded pedals (some of them do have the "tube" thing on the name)

blackstar pedals with tubes.

rocktron pedals with tubes (the silver dragon sounds amazing)

and all the other vox cooltron pedals (which are marketed and sold as "cooltron pedals" not "tube pedals" and they do have a tube in there)

I was wondering if the mods were going to say something to the respected

forum regulars (thats a joke in it's self) but I never saw a word said. I have

felt bad for a lot of people who come in and post for the first time and get

treated poorly.

CW

From this point forward, members will be suspended if a noob is harassed for no apparent reason.

But in defense to the regular members, if a noob walks in here acting like a punk...... well until a moderator can get to the thread, he or she will be slam-meat.

Lesson of the day: Before making any major purchasing decision INVESTIGATE THOROUGHLY. If nothing else' date=' we got the net nowadays! And forums like this one... [/quote']

Knowledge is power. An informed buyer is a wise buyer.

Don't some of the overdrive/distortion pedals have a 12AX-7 or some such tube' date=' in them.[/quote']

Yes they do. In fact it's becoming a popular trend.

From this point forward' date=' members will be suspended if a noob is harassed for no apparent reason.

But in defense to the regular members, if a noob walks in here acting like a punk...... well until a moderator can get to the thread, he or she will be slam-meat.[/quote']

That's a reasonable policy.

Archived