Gibson Brands Forums

What to do with a Peavey T-60

rockman82

I know this is a gibson forum, but i want to know from you guys if i should leave this peavey like it is or make it left handed. My dad wants me to leave it original, but i believe that guitars were made to be played and i can't play this peavey. It's not fair!

I'll probably leave it original. But im not about to let it just sit in a case for 50-80(maybe that's a little too long lol more like 40-60) more years without being played. It's just not right man!

Any thoughts?

I would just leave it how it is.

Put the strap button on the opposite side horn.

I remember a famous black guitarist who did this to his guitar. I can't remember his name.

when It comes to electronics, there are two thoughts in my mind.

1.Is it a need or a want?

which leads to number

2.Is it worth it to reroute the wood for the proper electronics?

I would honestly just leave it besides, It has some serious MOJO when it is flipped.

Forgive me for being uninformed as to the particulars of this matter. To whom does the guitar belong? And is it a particularly old, valuable, collectible or otherwise expensive instrument? And please define "fair" as it applies in this case. And what will be the immediate results of disobeying your Dad's wishes? And long-term results? And (I know this is a tough one) who do you think is a better judge of what's best in this case?

Im going to leave it right handed. It's my dad's guitar, but he doesn't play guitar anymore, and he's giving it to me when he dies. I don't need to make it left handed, i have a good sg and strat. The T60 is a 1975 model, i think. It's hardly been played though. My mom bought the guitar for my dad a long time ago for about $300.

What i meant by not fair was not being able to play such an awesome guitar due to me being left handed.

Hmmm...

FYI, the "folk" pickin' classic "Freight Train" supposedly was written by a lady who was left handed and played backward and upside down - yup, Figure fingerpickin' the thing as though it were a left handed guitar, but with strings as usual and fingerpickin'.

Another idea - open tuning played as above... a bit of bottleneckin...

m

Im going to leave it right handed. It's my dad's guitar' date=' but he doesn't play guitar anymore, and he's giving it to me when he dies. I don't need to make it left handed, i have a good sg and strat. The T60 is a 1975 model, i think. It's hardly been played though. My mom bought the guitar for my dad a long time ago for about $300.

What i meant by not fair was not being able to play such an awesome guitar due to me being left handed.

IMO, your reason for leaving it as stock is highlighted above. And, although this is probably no help, I'm a southpaw, too. But I play guitar righty.

I think you'd regret doing anything permanent to that guitar. Hope you'll find a way to be happy with it.

Archived