Gibson Brands Forums

Gilliangirl: Dave Rawlings Interview in Acoustic Guitar Magazine

Red 333

Nice multipage interview with Dave in the March 2010 issue' date=' a side bar on his Epiphone Olympic, and some transcriptions, including "Sweet Tooth."

Red 333[/quote']

Are you going to see him Sun Feb 14th in Seattle ? BTW I may have a lead on a 39 Epi Olympic [biggrin]

Are you going to see him Sun Feb 14th in Seattle ? BTW I may have a lead on a 39 Epi Olympic [biggrin]

I'd like to if he came this way (I'm in TX). Unless my girlfriend wins the lottery, and buys us plane tickets for Valentine's Day, I don't think it's in the cards!

A '39 Olympic. Boy, you are on a spree! There can't be too many of those around. You've got to tell me the story about how you got your last guitar, don't forget.

The story Rawlings (in the interview) about how he got his Olympic is funny, and very typical about how we sometimes find great guitars in unlikely places. You should try to get that Acoustic Guitar magazine.

Red 333

I'd like to if he came this way (I'm in TX). Unless my girlfriend wins the lottery' date=' and buys us plane tickets for Valentine's Day, I don't think it's in the cards!

A '39 Olympic. Boy, you are on a spree! There can't be too many of those around. You've got to tell me the story about how you got your last guitar, don't forget.

The story Rawlings (in the interview) about how he got his Olympic is funny, and very typical about how we sometimes find great guitars in unlikely places. You should try to get that Acoustic Guitar magazine.

Red 333 [/quote']

Sorry [lol] I thought you were in Seattle [laugh]

Argh! Last summer at the Newport Folk Festival, he promised me the interview for Fretboard Journal.

Oh well, onward and downward. In a couple of weeks, I spend a day or two with Elvis Costello in the recording studio.

Argh! Last summer at the Newport Folk Festival' date=' he promised me the interview for Fretboard Journal.

Oh well, onward and downward. In a couple of weeks, I spend a day or two with Elvis Costello in the recording studio.[/quote']

Acoustic Guitar is a great magazine and the article on David was very good, but Fretboard Journal is the BEST!!! The articles are superior to any other guitar magazine and I'm really sorry that you were "scooped". I'm also sorry that I have every issue of FJ except #1.:D

And if you don't mind my asking, what will you be working on with Elvis Costello?

Acoustic Guitar is a great magazine and the article on David was very good' date=' but Fretboard Journal is the BEST!!! The articles are superior to any other guitar magazine and I'm really sorry that you were "scooped". I'm also sorry that I have every issue of FJ except #1.[crying']

And if you don't mind my asking, what will you be working on with Elvis Costello?

Well, I'll probably still try to get the interview with David. But, AG's scoop did take the wind out of my sails.

As for EC, I'll just be there to interview him for an article for FJ. I met with him briefly about a year ago to discuss this. At the time, he had just started his TV show and was about to embark on a short tour. So, he asked that I put the interview off for a bit. He's finished shooting the second season of his show (I think) and is recording a new CD. So, he'll be stationary long enough for an in depth interview ... I hope.

Thanks for asking.

I loved the Video interview with Dave Rawlings. Hes very clear on the sound he projects when singing and playing with Gillian . He absolutly right about his sound . It works great. He is very animated in explanations ! He loves what he does. Video worked here well much better than the written word. So I am thnkful for AG interview. It showed me my feelings about Dave and Gillian were absolutly correct ! [thumbup]

Archived