Gibson Brands Forums

SG NECK CRACKS?

RRIDER

I don't know how I misunderstood anything. The email he sent me saying that since he sent my money back and canceled the sale he was going to relist it. I replied that I thought he should honor the agreement we had. I emailed him again saying that I didn't think it was fair to relist it before offering it to me first. He ignored both emails How is that a misunderstanding???

Yea the relist has been stopped, I think ebay must have contacted him. He sent me a couple of emails wanting me to retract the negative feeback. In his emails he makes it sound like I screwed him over [thumbup]

The last email I got from him today was offering me the SG at the price I originally paid for it, IF I retract the neg feedback. I'm not sure I can trust him now.

It might be hard to get burned by doing your homework unless the seller pulls a fast one like this one did on me. I already payed for it' date=' he claimed it was damaged to cancel the sale, comes up with what sounds like a totally bogus story and instead of offering it to me, he relists it on Ebay at a higher price.[/quote']

Not cool, not cool at all#-o [-(

Also I checked his feedback and its does not show any negative feedback for him

It doesn't show negative anymore...I changed it, stating that he agreed to our original deal.

In the feedback it says it was revised feb 13 2010.

I changed it and repurchased the SG.

• 11 years later...
On 2/10/2010 at 2:01 AM, RRIDER said:

I have heard rumors that SG's have neck problems. I dismissed what I heard as an isolated incident...A few days ago I was ready to buy a 2008 SG special mist blue color. It looks brand new, but the seller found a crack where the neck and body join.

Is this a common problem with the SG?

It happened to mine through no fault of my own. Currently I own a useless SG Std in Pelham Blue..that I wouldn't sell for firewood.

On 2/10/2010 at 2:01 AM, RRIDER said:

I have heard rumors that SG's have neck problems. I dismissed what I heard as an isolated incident...A few days ago I was ready to buy a 2008 SG special mist blue color. It looks brand new, but the seller found a crack where the neck and body join.

Is this a common problem with the SG?

Apparently it is common. It appears the company is well aware of this and considers this as normal. I wish that was not the case. I haven't received any positive help from them ( or even a response for that matter ) or the retailer I purchased it through. I can think of so many ways to spend 1800.00 then on a guitar that I wouldn't sell  to anyone for any more than scrap wood. BTW I bought this brand new, it hasn't been played more than 2 hours and has been in a high quality case other than being played and on a stress free stand between songs.