Gibson Brands Forums

Line 6 Pocket Pod

bubba_leon

i bought a line 6 pod studio UX2. worst thing i bought in a long time. what i wanted was something i could effectively plug a guitar and a mic into and record onto laptop with minimum fuss. Something simple and straightforward. there was far more software in the box than i knew what to do with, the best i could get is a few bars of a riff laid down. admitidly the amp simulation software was pretty cool but for recording.. pish. i would rather have an old tape recorder in the background...lol.. no seriously. if you are a studio engineer or want to spend hours trying to work the damn thing out then on you gou.. if you want something you can plug into and just hit record.. walk on by from this thing

I own one (the one with the screen which I think is the first version), it's a cool little gadjet that will let you play wherever you are, you can use headphones and can edit presets in the thing or with a computer.

Now don't expect to get tube tone out of it, it's a digital modeler and most of the models are ok-ish, the fx are nice for the price too.

Thanks Guys

There's a pocket pod and a pocket pod express. I'm not a tech head, so the express seems attractive, but the reviews seem even worse on that one. I'm not too concerned with tube tone as I am with simplicity, it's just for quiet practice.

I had a Boss micro BR digital recorder and the thing drove me nuts, so the pocket pod is kinda scaring me away.

I have a Rockman from 1988, but I don't always wanna sound like Tom Scholz.

Any ideas on a decent headphone amp type thing?

I have a Boss Micro BR and use it for headphone practice, the effects and MP3 capabilities are good. I like that part, the recording part is just rocket science, so hard to figure out is not worth it.

Going back to the Line 6, to me models are decent until you get to overdrive/distortion, to me they all sound fake especially in rhythm parts.

I just bought a Line 6 UX1 USB interface and I like it so far, some of the amp/effects models are good but it does take tweaking to get a good tone, overdrive and distortion leave a lot to be desired, especially distortion.

If you did not casre for the Micro BR effects I don't anticipate you will like the pocket POD.

I have a Boss Micro BR and use it for headphone practice' date=' the effects and MP3 capabilities are good. I like that part, the recording part is just rocket science, so hard to figure out is not worth it.

Going back to the Line 6, to me models are decent until you get to overdrive/distortion, to me they all sound fake especially in rhythm parts.

I just bought a Line 6 UX1 USB interface and I like it so far, some of the amp/effects models are good but it does take tweaking to get a good tone, overdrive and distortion leave a lot to be desired, especially distortion.

If you did not casre for the Micro BR effects I don't anticipate you will like the pocket POD.

[/quote']

It's not so much that I didn't care for the Micro BR , I just couldn't figure how to record with it! It was way complicated. I wound using it as headphone amp, and I couldn't justify keeping for just that. I sold it to get something more simple.

i bought a line 6 pod studio UX2. worst thing i bought in a long time. what i wanted was something i could effectively plug a guitar and a mic into and record onto laptop with minimum fuss. Something simple and straightforward. there was far more software in the box than i knew what to do with' date=' the best i could get is a few bars of a riff laid down. admitidly the amp simulation software was pretty cool but for recording.. pish. i would rather have an old tape recorder in the background...lol.. no seriously. if you are a studio engineer or want to spend hours trying to work the damn thing out then on you gou.. if you want something you can plug into and just hit record.. walk on by from this thing[/quote']

Cripes!:) That's a bit harsh don'tcha think?

These things are a piece of piss to use. Install the software and then plug & play. Simple.

What was so hard for you?

I use the UX2 for all my recording when I'm not recording anything mic'd up. EDIT: Actually I do use the power amp/comp sims when micing.The sims are great IMO.

The majority of the files on my soundclip page are done with it.

Yes,like anything there is a slight learning curve to get the best out of it,but nothing that's as complicated that you're making out.

I dunno[confused]

Feel free to PM me if you need some pointers.

Bubba,

what about these thingy's?

It's not so much that I didn't care for the Micro BR ' date=' I just couldn't figure how to record with it! It was way complicated. I wound using it as headphone amp, and I couldn't justify keeping for just that. I sold it to get something more simple.[/quote']

I hear you, other than using it as a "riff notebook" I have not been able to record anything else.

I kept mine simply because I can play along to MP3s and drum tracks using a single unit, I thought about selling it but I would not get much for it so I just kept it. It has its uses for me.

One day I will figure out how to record with this thing.

Archived