Gibson Brands Forums

Blackstar Venue Studio? And other new amps?

Silenced Fred

Just looking through Musiciansfriend on the amp section, as I am sick today, and I see this :-k

Blackstar makes some good stuff. Two channels, 20 watts, reverb ( [biggrin] )only thing I don't like is there is no standby (that I see)

Has anyone heard anything about em? Seems to be only preorder as of now...

Edit: Also just saw this

Seems cool, 300 bucks, switchable between 15 and 5 watts. I'm very intrigued.

Seems like the perfect time to be looking for small tube amp heads [cool]

Lots of decisions to be made though, I want to hear more about these

i haven't played through them myself but i hear nothing but good reviews for blackstar...[cool]

I've played through the 5 watt head, and it was pretty nice. The reason I bring it up, is that I am in the market for a nice 15-20 watt head, and it seems to be more and more being made, with so many different options and everything

Its sweet as hell

Talking a lot about gear Nathan' date=' are you the GASsy?[/quote']

You don't know the half of it...

So far this is my list that I hope to complete over the summer:

Epi Sheraton- Samick made ~400 bucks

Vox Night Train-500

Vox AC4-200

Jet City 2X12 Cab- 300

Maybe that Ibanez Tube Screamer amp, it seems pretty bad ***

Big Muff-80 (or used for less)

Some type of nice overdrive pedal

All of that should run me about.... 1500 bucks! not including the mods I plan for the Sheraton

GAS has hit me hard, but here is my question, is it GAS if you plan on using the stuff a ton?

I always though of GAS as just wanting stuff to have it...

I am right there with ya.

My GAS is subdued at the moment, think of this:

Lets set an hipotetical scenario where you go to jam with your friends and the new drummer 15 years younger than you plays really well, full songs with all the fills, changes, with impeccable tempo and attack. He also sings well.

Then that drummer tells the bass player the notes for a song.

Then the same drummer is very cumplimentary of your guitar and tone but ends up helping you figure out the chord you can't and he knows the chord by name. Yes one of those chords where you expand your hand.

Then a certain song comes up and what? there is NO solo or lead, can't blame the guitar player with the acoustic guitar! nobody looks at the guy with the acoustic guitar for a solo! he is the main singer.

Oh yea, by the way this is not hipotetical. My GAS is cured for now, I have work to do.

P.S. the only saving grace was my slide playing. I got a couple of wows! and saved some of my pride...ugh

I am right there with ya.

My GAS is subdued at the moment' date=' think of this:

Lets set an hipotetical scenario where you go to jam with your friends and the new drummer 15 years younger than you plays really well, full songs with all the fills, changes, with impeccable tempo and attack. He also sings well.

Then that drummer tells the bass player the notes for a song.

Then the same drummer is very cumplimentary of your guitar and tone but ends up helping you figure out the chord you can't and he knows the chord by name. Yes one of those chords where you expand your hand.

Then a certain song comes up and what? there is NO solo or lead, can't blame the guitar player with the acoustic guitar! nobody looks at the guy with the acoustic guitar for a solo! he is the main singer.

Oh yea, by the way this is not hipotetical. My GAS is cured for now, I have work to do.

P.S. the only saving grace was my slide playing. I got a couple of wows! and saved some of my pride...ugh [/quote']

Damn drummers.....

But I know what you mean, I have a lot of work to do, need to work on a lot of my own songs, and stuff like that. I need a smaller amp though, 50 watts is hard to get for playing at home and still getting great tone. Graduation, and birthday, and stuff like that will hopefully help with some of these acquisitions though.... [cool]

Finding a good drummer is hard. Finding a good drummer that is very sociable is even harder. No joke. I have played with a few kids, outstanding, but I can't stand to be around them for more than two minutes!

Hope it all works out man, sounds fun

Finding a good drummer is hard. Finding a good drummer that is very sociable is even harder. No joke. I have played with a few kids' date=' outstanding, but I can't stand to be around them for more than two minutes!

Hope it all works out man, sounds fun[/quote']

really?

I like all the drummers I know

really?

I like all the drummers I know

I don't know. I mean there probably is a connection, they are all really into their music, but a pain in the *** to be around. One I know is actually really anti social and stuff....

You are lucky then I guess

And I love how I can't make a topic without it getting highjacked :)

still...shop around....

I saved $35 on the pedals and stuff I bought on monday

Oh, I still have a while before I make these purchases, I hope to have some/most of this stuff by the end of the summer. Gotta plan ahead my man, gotta plan ahead

Oh' date=' I still have a while before I make these purchases, I hope to have some/most of this stuff by the end of the summer. Gotta plan ahead my man, gotta plan ahead [/quote']

Man...I was planning for my Super Champ since last summer...got it in december...

Was planning since june 08 for the recently bought pedal stuff.

Archived