Gibson Brands Forums

VOX series 77, 55, and 33

Thundergod

70781_l.jpg

I saw them in VOX's site when they first uploaded the info and thought they were as expensive as the virage (and with equaly horrible fretboard inlays[lol] so I didn't pay much atention.

But now after reading that "VOX" thread I was going thourgh VOX's site and started reading about these and watching the videos, prety good looking guitars, I like how the series 77 look and like all of the features.

What I found most interesting is the pickups and their configuration and controls.

You have these pickups that consist on a single coil and the other coil is around the first coil, not on top or behind, not to one side, all around it! They say it gives you noiseless single coil tone, noiseless p90 tone, and of course, full humbucker tone.

That alone is enough to catch my atention.

Now you have independent switches for them so, using the 3way selector switch you can have your guitar on any cnofiguration you ever dreamt of: H-p90, H-H, H-S, p90-p90, p90-H, p90-S, S-p90, S-H, S-S

Does anyone else think it's great?

I want one.

The only thing that's got me thinking is where are they made, does anyone know about it? I hope they are made in japan as the virage (they are supposed to cost a little less).

Neo, if you are reading this, check them out, specially the videos, I remember you liked the virage a lot when it came out, so I figure you'll like the new models and the pickups. :) Feel free to comment on them after you've checked the videos and pics.

(I hope they are made in japan and for less than 2K!)

Nice! Any chance of finding out where they are made?

Not really.

In relation to the virage 2500-2700 EURO and Japan made

my guess is China

BTW

Now you have independent switches for them so' date=' using the 3way selector switch you can have your guitar on any cnofiguration you ever dreamt of: H-p90, H-H, H-S, p90-p90, p90-H, p90-S, S-p90, S-H, S-S

Does anyone else think it's great?

I want one.[/quote']

I second this, completely.

Peter

Archived