Gibson Brands Forums

J 185-12

KL

I have a beautiful J 185-12 in natural finish. I always wanted a sunburst one, but I couldn't find one when I was looking. Mine's from the orange label era . . . a few years old. I've just come across a recent sunburst J 185-12 but haven't seen it in person yet. It's a year or two old with a white label. Anyone got any experience with these most recent J 185-12's at all? I would be interested in any comments or experiences anyone has. Thanks.

Anyone got any experience with these most recent J 185-12's at all? I would be interested in any comments or experiences anyone has. Thanks.

My experience is I desperately want a sunburst one, and if I ever come across one, I'm buying it! You should do the same!

I just want one and I don't care what colour it is. But it must have crosses!

KL, have you ever visited the Gibson Showrooms in Rathbone St? They have the most stunning looking cherry red (but with a hint of purple) J185-12 and it plays beautifully. It is loaned out to their endorsees - food for thought my friend!

My experience is I desperately want a sunburst one' date=' and if I ever come across one, I'm buying it! You should do the same![/quote']

Ha ha . . . fair enough. I have found one and it will be mine soon!!

I just want one and I don't care what colour it is. But it must have crosses!

KL' date=' have you ever visited the Gibson Showrooms in Rathbone St? They have the most stunning looking cherry red (but with a hint of purple) J185-12 and it plays beautifully. It is loaned out to their endorsees - food for thought my friend![/quote']

Yes . . . that cherry is beautiful. My friend has a J-200 in that finish. I think it's a limited edition or custom colour. Both the one I have and the sunburst I'm getting have the crosses!

Yes . . . that cherry is beautiful. My friend has a J-200 in that finish. I think it's a limited edition or custom colour. Both the one I have and the sunburst I'm getting have the crosses!

Mmmm........Crosses!

If you need a home for the old one......................[wink]

Johnt....aren't your losing your money in Vegas????

Naw was down to the chip and the chair but won the cab fare back to McCarran!

Wily you'd been proud of me stacking up the economy of Nevada for a week with our gambling stake of $30!!!!

After two tickets to Mangey Bendytoy ( Barry Manelow) that was our spend for the week

Had to spend most evening drinking Talisker North57 and Hine sitting in our room watching down at the fountains!

SH*tty job but somepone had to do it!

Archived