Gibson Brands Forums

Ever play till your fingers bleed?

dem00n

Never had them bleeding but I did have really big narly painful blisters when I was first breakin' them in... This is what they look like now... Still kinda nasty....

Fingers.jpg

uh, moisturizer? [-(

yeah as a beginner, i used to bleed after long practices. then, the callouses developed. i still bleed sometimes on my picking hand from rubbing the side of my thumb too hard on the strings....

Mine never bled. I played a lot when I was 16-18 years old. Between 8 and 14 hours a day. They got sore, and they got indentations that looked like they were permanent, and they felt like they were on fire, and the pain traveled up my forearm, through my shoulder, and into my head, where my eyes had been straining, giving me a headache from HELL!

But my fingers never came close to bleeding.

I've gotten plenty of blisters and calluses, but my fingers have never bled purely from playing guitar.

Ever since I've been working as a machinist though, it seems my fingers are always getting scraped, smashed or cut. Plus those little microscopic metal shards drive me crazy [lol]

Several times before a gig I have gotten a nasty cut on one of my fingers and it's really affected the way I had to play.

One I remember recently was right on the side of my left index finger. Didn't bother me with leads and such, but if I tried to play a barr chord, a string would slide right into the cut. Ouch [crying]

My fingers have never bled, but i have cut them up from time to time. Not too long ago i cut my finger on my left hand right under the fingernail after strumming. I brought my hand up, and was about to strum again, but the b string caught my finger. But the calluses on my right hand are pretty solid, so i don't think i'll be cutting them anytime soon, or at least i hope not.

Archived