Gibson Brands Forums

Am I the only one who hates it when strings feel too loose?

DAS44

I've been playing my Guild A-50 a lot recently and its got 13s on it. SO I go and play my LP and the strings just feel so damn loose. NOw I want to move up to freakin 13s just to even it out. I cant stand it when a string doesnt take some coaxing to move. I already have 11s on the LP but the feel is so differen. I had already cosidered moving up a guage as it was now I'm seriously considering it....

[lol]

Am I the only one who hates the feel of loose strings?

I've been playing my Guild A-50 a lot recently and its got 13s on it. SO I go and play my LP and the strings just feel so damn loose. NOw I want to move up to freakin 13s just to even it out. I cant stand it when a string doesnt take some coaxing to move. I already have 11s on the LP but the feel is so differen. I had already cosidered moving up a guage as it was now I'm seriously considering it....

[lol]

Am I the only one who hates the feel of loose strings?

I have 12's on my Martin and 10's on my LP

I was considering doing a 11-46 but then I would need to mix two packs and some would be wasted.

I hate the scale length.,..I wish it were 24.5

Love the guitar, tone everything, but the scale length (25.5) is a b!tch

I have 12's on my Martin and 10's on my LP

I was considering doing a 11-46 but then I would need to mix two packs and some would be wasted.

I hate the scale length.' date='..I wish it were 24.5

Love the guitar, tone everything, but the scale length (25.5) is a b!tch[/quote']

It is irritating adjusting to it sometimes aint it?

It is irritating adjusting to it sometimes aint it?

Its irritating to go from the Gibson to the Martin and generally a joy to go from the Martin to the Gibson.

I don't like strings too loose though but the Gibson scale length feels right.

Hey, I don't rememeber you posting pics of the Guild?

You should....

Here....

Soon...

:-

I recently started using 11-48's on my Les Paul Deluxe. It wasn't staying in tune and I had tried most things, but I decided (with no scientific reason) to try slightly heavier strings and it actually stays in tune really well now. It also feels fine to play, and the action needed no adjustment. I don't know the reason the 11's stay in tune so much better, but they do. Still using 10's on my LP Standard and 12's on my acoustics.

Archived