Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Rig 4

BoyVader

At the risk of upsetting the purists....anyone using Guitar Rig or similiar amp modellers? I live in an apartment so can't play loud, and find GR a great option for me...

If anyone is using it and wants to swap some patches, setups let me know..

Let the abuse begin...:-s

Have you bought it already?

If not, look into the Fractal Audio AxeFx. It's leaps and bounds better than any other modeler on the market.

That said I'm interested in GR4, seems pretty good for the price.

I bought the Rig Controller pedal as a controller for the software...

I never buy software...but yes I have the full GR Pro 4 version and it's excellent.

Also got Amplitube, Peavey Revalver MKIII...both pretty cool too..

I'll check out Fractal Audio AxeFx tonight...

The new 'Hot Plex' models in GR 4 are lovely...so you should check it out...If you want to, you can get a demo from the NI website....or you could download the full version from a torrent site...(not that I'm condoning torrents)[cool]

At least you can check it out and buy it if you like it...thanks for the Fractal Audio tip....I hadn't heard of that one..

I use Guitar Rig 3 in the studio. I've never used the pedalboard to use it while recording, though.

The amp models are very accurate. My problem is that there are too many options, and I can't make up my mind.

Keep in mind, though, that with standard computer speakers (and even with a subwoofer), it won't be as good as an actual amp.

The amp models are very accurate. My problem is that there are too many options' date=' and I can't make up my mind.

[/quote']

Lol..yeah I hear ya...funny how with all these options I seem to just go with Lead 800 (Marshall), tube compressor, and bit of reverb....

oh and the SG of course!!

What is it exactly ?

Software that models many amplifiers, cabinets, and effects. Basically a complete replacement for tube amps, cabinets and pedals, especially handy for recording.

btw guys, check out the tones in these tracks, all are done entirely with Guitar Rig 4 (not a single guitar amp or microphone was used);

http://jeffreydonmiller.bandcamp.com/album/corollarium

But yeah, the AxeFx slays Guitar Rig and the Line 6 POD.

Hey mcmurray...checked out AxeFx...it maybe good, but more money than GR 4 and it's more hardware I don't want taking up space...the Rig is better for me cos I always have a laptop with me...its my studio, and with GR session box (small hard drive sized 2 x audio inout + balanced xlr handy for vocal takes.. usb powered) I can carry it anywhere...not sure I can do that with the AxeFx..

The AxeFx looks more a pro studiolive thing...it has no headphone out, so I would have to use another amp or monitor to hear it...

Still thanks for the heads up...it look's impressive...when I get an amp setup in my new place I will be v tempted to check it out..these modellers have come a long way!

Don't tell the GF! [cool]

Jocko - the kid that wrote' date=' played, and recorded that album is 17. He did the whole thing in 2 and a half months, that being his first effort at composition.

Amazing hey?[/quote']

I listened to the whole EP and was blown away... That guy is an amazing talent... He has my absolute respect & admiration!Thanks for posting that man.

Hey mcmurray...checked out AxeFx...it maybe good' date=' but more money than GR 4 and it's more hardware I don't want taking up space...the Rig is better for me cos I always have a laptop with me...its my studio, and with GR session box (small hard drive sized 2 x audio inout + balanced xlr handy for vocal takes.. usb powered) I can carry it anywhere...not sure I can do that with the AxeFx..

[/quote']

Yep I hear ya.

Fractal is slated to release a PC VST version of AxeFx just like Guitar Rig some time this year. It'll be THE killer app for guitarists.

I listened to the whole EP and was blown away... That guy is an amazing talent... He has my absolute respect & admiration!Thanks for posting that man.

No worries. The little guy has his heart set on a career composing music for film/games etc. I can't see him having any problems with work like that.

Here's his youtube page;

www.youtube.com/user/SuprSokrSuicide

I don't have the money, so i just use the demo of guitar rig 4. The amps, pedals and settings are really cool. I wish i could get the pro version with the pedal board, because i have some issues with the demos. It's suppose to be 30 minutes, but it doesn't even last half of that.

I don't have the money' date=' so i just use the demo of guitar rig 4. The amps, pedals and settings are really cool. I wish i could get the pro version with the pedal board, because i have some issues with the demos. It's suppose to be 30 minutes, but it doesn't even last half of that.[/quote']

rockman82. that's not good to hear...but apparently...there is hope ..someone told me :- that if you have something called a computer, that apparently you can go to er...:- goto I think its Torrentz.com and search and actually get a magic er fairy to download it for ya ...:-$ full version...[blink] er ..but it may all just be hearsay if you know what I mean...[wink]

worth a go...till you can afford to buy it..(if ya like it)

Archived