Gibson Brands Forums

The Stooges

EVOL!

Just got done watching The Stooges acceptance speech and performance at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Man, when Iggy gets choked up at the end, he speaks the truth. Loved what he said about Ron Asheton sitting up in heaven flicking ashes on their heads. Was also touching to hear Scott Asheton talk about his brother. RIP, Ron.

Didn't watch Billy Joe Armstrong's introduction. Will probably hit it later.

Anyone else or will this be another lone post by that guy that likes freaky music like The Stooges?

I would have liked to have seen Iggy's speech but, on the whole, I find any kind of awards shows to be boring as hell. My girlfriend is all into that Hollywood crap and likes to watch The Oscars and stuff and that's when I go do something else. Alright, I'll admit that The Soup is pretty damned funny but that's about as interested as I am in Hollywood or the music business outside of wanting to be entertained.

I would have liked to have seen Iggy's speech but' date=' on the whole, I find any kind of awards shows to be boring as hell. My girlfriend is all into that Hollywood crap and likes to watch The Oscars and stuff and that's when I go do something else. Alright, I'll admit that The Soup is pretty damned funny but that's about as interested as I am in Hollywood or the music business outside of wanting to be entertained.[/quote']

You would have liked Iggy's speech. He calls out the executives sitting on the main floor; mentions the $1200 ticket price. Made my day.

Archived