Led Zeppelin

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Ozzy Osbourne

Paul Desmond

Quiet Riot

Travis Dickerson

Van Halen

Wes Montgomery

It's like asking what is my favorite color, or food.

I'd have to say, 20th century symphonic "classical" music from Eastern European composers like Prokofiev and Shostakovitch. But I also like Romantic Era "classical" (Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, etc.) and Spanish (De Fall, Granados, etc.), too.

But there are times when nothing but Hard Rock, Blues, Soft Rock, Big Band Jazz, Small Group Jazz (from cool school to bop), Salsa, Soca, Beach Music, Classic Rock, Baby Boomer Top40, Fado, Reggae, Cape Verde, Rock-a-billy, Klezmer, Brazilian Jazz, Fusion, Tango (especially Piazzola), and other forms of music will do.

IMHO, Life is too short to listen to only one kind of music.

There are only two kinds of music, (1) Good music and (2) Music written for somebody else's ears.

Insights and incites by Notes ?

I like most music also favorite has to be Southern Rock and similar Rock genre and the Blues or Jazz. Throw in some country mix it with Reggae and Island music and some Pop and a few classical pieces and you'd have a typical Retro Ipod playlist. I don't listen to any of the new rap or most bubblegum type kids music like the Jonas Brothers and that ilk, that's about all that will make me turn a radio off.

Favorite's

Allman Bros

Gov't Mule

Warren Haynes Solo

CCR

Doobie Brothers

Dana Fuchs

Bad Company

etc. etc. etc.

I guess it's pretty well known around here by now, I'm the JAZZ GUY.

My favorite style to listen to, and to play, is big band jazz, and the group at the top of my list is the Count Basie Orchestra.

'50s rock (not too much for doo-wop); Some Big-Band stuff (Dorsey's, Benny Goodman, Louis Armstrong, Cab Calloway, Ellington, Glenn Miller-- Due to a mis-spent youth--My Mom was a big fan). '60s - '70s rock. A bit of Johnny Cash, Roger Williams, Johnny Horton, Tex Ritter, Woody Guthrie). Listened to Classical stuff and Opera as a kid, My Dad was a big fan. Gilbert and Sullivan light operas.

Archived