Gibson Brands Forums

New recording up on SoundClick - "Melancholy In C Major"

Shnate McDuanus

Well...

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9001849

I won't give you much of a preface. This was played rather spontaneously tonight, with my SG going straight into my sound card, recorded in Audacity. The recording quality is unfortunately remarkably poor, I have to admit.

It sounded OK to my ears...while I was playing it. Afterwards...Well, I don't know.

I guess I shouldn't try prefacing it anymore. I'll let you form your own opinions.

Enjoy. [confused]

Thanks guys!

Listening to this new one, compared to the first one I put out a little while ago, I can tell you about one thing that I think I've improved upon--there's noticeably less feedback in my signal this time around! [confused]

Just a little while until I feel out exactly where my input signal's volume needs to be. That probably won't take too long. [confused]

What you want........we can't give away the secrets we know lest you get to good to quick.......taken a lot of guys 10 years to get where your at.

Some people never learn to fret a note...........we gotta make sure your serious before we give a damm...........

OK here is the deal .......keep playing don't give a damm about what anybody else thinks if it is negative. Learn as you go..... don't worship anybody.

Thanks guys!

Yep...just trying to learn the musical "ropes," I suppose. The two problems I have with the recording is: 1) the lead is a little strong in the mix, and it "breaks up," and 2) it sounds a little aimless at times.

I have a new one that I just recorded. I'm trying to figure out whether or not I want to share...

Archived