Gibson Brands Forums

Hercules Saved My Robot...

daveinspain

We had a mega rehearsal yesterday, from 5 in the afternoon to 10 at night. Our first gig is May 15th so we are doubling up on rehearsals... Anyway, at one point one of the singers came over to me as we were about to take a break and was explaining something we had been going over. I had already put my guitar in its stand while we were talking. As he started to walk away his foot caught in the cord and gave my guitar a really hard yank... #-o If my guitar was in any other type of stand it would have gone flying to the floor and I'd be telling you all how the headstock snapped off my Robot...[cool] The Hearcules stands have a closing mechanism that the weight of the guitar makes two little fingers close to prevent the guitar from falling out. When the cord was jerked instead of flying out of the stand the whole stand lunged forward, guitar in place, and I was able to grab it. My singer was skipping along trying not to fall as I was holding the guitar in it's stand on it's two front legs with the guitar swinging by the closed fingers....#-o

Best 35 euros I ever spent!!!

You could spend another 35 euros and get yourself an Epiphone for band practices...

#-o

#-o

Hahhaha... You are right' date=' I do have other guitars that I could bring but the Robot is great to play and is what I will be using live... Always in tune too...[cool

You could spend another 35 euros and get yourself an Epiphone for band practices...

[blink]

[confused]

That is EXACTLY why I don't bring my Gibbys to gigs. Epi takes a nosedive? Choke the bastid who knocked it over, and take out all the hardware & put it in another Epi. Gibby is snug and warm at home.

That's why I love them.

I love how the micro stand is small, portable and secure and the safety stand is, well, safe! People here are not acustomed to spend "that kind of money" on stands, cables and stuff like that, but since I performed some stunts with a safety stand from hercules and a couple guitars in front of some students, the damn things are top sellers in the store.

Try this with a normal stand with the safety cord (or whatever it's called that you have to attach from one end to the other) and with an hercules stand (the ones with the safety lock system).

You place 2 guitars of the same model in both stands, now carefully push both stands from the upside... you'll see hercules stands provide a lower gravity center/center of mass and thus you can incline it a lot more before gettin' past the point where the guitar will fall forward.

Try it, you'll be amazed.

Archived