Gibson Brands Forums

chain question

Hthomas

here is my chain

amp - delay' date='volume pedal, trem,flange,phase,wah - guitar

is the delay first or last in the chain? I get confused which end you start from.

[/quote']

Where's your fuzz box(es)?

here is my chain

is the delay first or last in the chain? I get confused which end you start from.

[/quote']

Just wah and volume at the front.....the others sound best in the loop.

If I was you I'd go' date=' Wah, Volume, phase, flange, trem, delay. Which is actually the exact order I use. With some others in between of course.[/quote']

So what do you use your volume pedal for? I'm not being a d!ck, just asking because with this setup you are decreasing the hotness of your guitar signal into your pedals. Don't you want to lessen the volume after it is colored?

And again, were are the fuzz boxes?

So what do you use your volume pedal for? I'm not being a d!ck' date=' just asking because with this setup you are decreasing the hotness of your guitar signal into your pedals. Don't you want to lessen the volume after it is colored?

And again, were are the fuzz boxes?[/quote']

I run my overdrive right after the volume, when I ran the volume at the end of the chain it would cut gain levels much like the volume control on your guitar. But I wanted it to just decrease volume and not decrease gain, if I need to do that I use the control on the guitar. So by putting it before the OD I can drop volume without dropping gain or OD.

Evol- I have a 5150iii. So I have all the gain I need haha. I'm getting a suhr riot though.

So my volume pedal is sucking out my tone?

Technically everything does. Plug in your pedal board and keep all your pedals off, and play. Then plug straight into your head, and I'm sure your tone will change. But not enough to matter all that much. Honestly if you have to ask if it is sucking your tone it probably isn't doing it enough to matter.

Here is my chain;

Guitar --> 20 foot cord --> amp.

I don't get confused.

[thumbup]/

Sometimes, when I'm feeling cocky, I'll mix it up a bit....

Guitar --> 20 foot cord --> Fulltone OCD --> amp.

Its very subjective' date=' but I think most guitarists agree about that.

Try it out and see for yourself.

[/quote']

Time based effects. Majority of guitar players agree that time based effects sound best in the loop. But I'm not one of them. I like really subtle effects so I like to run everything in front of the amp so they are not as pronounced.

here is my chain

[/quote']

Think of the Guitar as the Beginning of the chain, that's where the signal originates, then it's sent to the amp, the end of the chain.

Now that that's out of the way, most players prefer Delays and such at the end of the chain but that doesn't mean anything, really.

Personally I don't like anything in the effects loop, changes the amps Voice too much.

Archived