Gibson Brands Forums

Goldman going down ?

Blackie

“The S.E.C. suit against Goldman, if proven true, will confirm to people their suspicions about the total selfishness of these financial institutions,” said Steve Fraser, a Wall Street historian and author of “Wall Street: America’s Dream Palace.” “There’s nothing more damaging than that. This is way beyond recklessness. This is way beyond incompetence. This is cynical, selfish exploiting.”

On Friday, Goldman’s stock took a beating, falling 13 percent and wiping out more than $10 billion of the company’s market value. It was a possible sign that investors fear that the S.E.C. complaint will damage Goldman’s reputation and its ability to keep its hands on so many sides of a trade — a practice that is immensely profitable for the firm.

It is unclear whether the S.E.C. can prevail against Goldman. The bank has long maintained that it puts its clients first and, in a letter in its latest annual report, it reiterated that position. Goldman said it never “bet against our clients” in its trades but rather was trying to hedge against other trading positions.

The transaction cited in the S.E.C. complaint cost investors just over $1 billion, relatively small by Wall Street standards.

...................................I say they are guilty as sin.......................

If G/S goes down then where, oh, where will we get the best candidates for all of our Cabinet positions?

The US government will be without a finishing school for crooks and cronies.

They ain't going nowhere - "too big to fail" and all....

Look it up...

If G/S goes down then where' date=' oh, where will be get the best candidates for all of our Cabinet positions?

The US government will be without a finishing school for crooks and cronies.

They ain't going nowhere - "[i']too big to fail[/i]" and all....

Look it up...

Say what now ?...........I am working on trying to understand the exact methods of these people and how they are either innocent or guilty or in between at this time. This is kind of complicted......

But Neo anything from you is suspect and biased.............because you have demonstrated you have no mind of your own. You are a follower................and you are on the losing side ..........

Where's all the anger coming from blackie?

It is coming from me ...............and maybe some other folks...............ha ha .....that voted for the change yall scream against............

The world keeps on turnin................

These financial "geniuses" are the enemy, they got us into this nearly fatal financial mess merely for their own greedy profit. They are the enemy the Tea Party should be gong after, not the politicains owned by them.

They are.

This isn't a recent thing.

Like I said before, there's a long list of Cabinet folks and advisors from G/S.

It's not just this administration either.

And it damned sure wasn't just the Bush League as much as the Anti - Americans want to believe it.

Glad the rest of you are finally getting a whiff of the damned coffee, courtesy of those hated Tea Partiers...

Archived