Gibson Brands Forums

Sleepless In South Florida

sgbass

My SG Std. Heritage Cherry Bass came in from Sam Ash Cincinnati, OH. Now I can sleep. That was faster than waiting until June to get one from Gibson. The local guys at Sam Ash Margate, FL did a good one for me. The serial number shows it was made one day before my Birthday. Kinda cool.

Congrats, man. As much bass as I've played, I've never owned an SG bass. Weird....

I generally don't get along with Fender guitars, but kinda like the feel and tweakability of the Jazz bass, the way the pickups are wired.

I see you're using 4;10's. That's my favorite for clubs, my Carvin will cause Earthquakes, and that's not good here on the New Madrid Faultline.....

[biggrin]

Best of luck.....

Thanks Murph; After 41 yrs. i'm back to Gibson from Fenders. The SG Std. has so much bottom to it, and a rich sound. The pups on here are great. I used a lot of 15's cause I could never find 12" bass cabs. Tried the MBC410 cab with the MB450H head. That was enough for me to go with the Marshall. I honestly couldn't afford the cost of the limited heads and cabs of the Fender Pro Amp line anymore. Bassman amps are pretty much gone. Not counting the Bassman TV line.

Yup, the guys at the Margate store are nice and have always been good to me with prices. I go there often. I'm about 20 minutes away. They get some nice gear in there. enjoy your new bass. post some pics if you get a chance.

Thanks, I'll get some pics up. Real nice grain in the body. Rick located the bass, and set up the store to store transfer. Ben finished it for me when Rick was out. Those guys really do a great job. The bass looks like it was stored away in the case, not hanging on the wall at the Cincinnati, OH store.

Congrats.

I only play bass to put a rhythm strack down in my studio - so I am not a bass player per se.

But the Gibson bass guitars give me GAS in a big way. They look SO cool. The SG is fantastic, the burst Les Paul gets me even more.

Then again, so does a Gibson mandolin - and I wouldnt know one side of a mandolin from the other.

But I bet I could give it a go!

Archived