Gibson Brands Forums

problem

Hthomas

ive had this problem for a while and i cant figure out whats wrong.

I play through an evh 5150iii head and a 2 12 cab with hellatone 60s.

my les paul has the bb1 and bb2 pickups. when I play on the neck pickup, palm muting, i get alot of extra low end and ruffle in my speakers. sounds very bad. are the pickups to hott? ive tried lowering the pickup but it hasnt done anything.

any ideas?

blackie- haha i dont know how to explain it exactly, its like whomp, whomp whomp, as im palm muting.

i have another lp, with motor city pickups in it, and it does do this.

could it be becasue the bb1 and bb2 are higher output?

Heck if I know.......maybe..........you just got to experiment with all your settings..........none of us on here can really tell you

exactly what to do. If you are using quality equipment you should be able to find a good balance of settings.

Also you will have to change how you play to get some sounds.......thats how it goes. So keep at it.

I don't know man' date=' the neck pickup probably isn't your best choice for palm muting lead riffs.[/quote']

But, it does say rythm in there!!![biggrin] Kids this days #-o not meant as an offense dude, but really I'm with murph, the neck pickup is not realy the best option for that. Try it with the bridge pickup.

blackie- haha i dont know how to explain it exactly' date=' its like whomp, whomp whomp, as im palm muting.

i have another lp, with motor city pickups in it, [b']and it does do this[/b].

could it be becasue the bb1 and bb2 are higher output?

The other guitar with different pickups does the same? Then the problem isn't in the pickups. (just being a wisea$$ I think you meant it doesn't do that [biggrin])

Anyway, is the rest of the stuff alright? I mean, when you play anything other than palm mutied leads, is the tone perfect? What are your amp EQ settings?

Archived