Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody have experience with a DigiTech RP355 multi/fx pedal?

Notes_Norton

I'm looking for something to graduate from my zoom G1X pedal.

It MUST have ALL of the following requirements:

1.) Direct to PA output level

2.) Twin Reverb emulation (or close)

3.) Light fuzz

4.) Wah

5.) Pitch Bend

6.) Tremolo

7.) Long sustain

8.) Acoustic guitar emulation would be a plus but if it doesn't have it is isn't a deal breaker.

The Digitech RP355 seems to fit the bill.

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

Pros?

Cons?

Reliability?

BTW, I am a sax player who doubles on guitar - I'm not a great guitarist so I don't need all the advanced features of this machine, but it does seem to have the ones I like.

Thanks...

Notes ?

1.) Direct to PA output level

2.) Twin Reverb emulation (or close)

3.) Light fuzz

4.) Wah

5.) Pitch Bend

6.) Tremolo

7.) Long sustain

8.) Acoustic guitar emulation would be a plus but if it doesn't have it is isn't a deal breaker.

Pros?

Cons?

Reliability?

BTW' date=' I am a sax player who doubles on guitar - I'm not a great guitarist so I don't need all the advanced features of this machine, but it does seem to have the ones I like.

Thanks...

Notes ?

[/quote']

Notes, I have the predecessor, the RP300 and I put it in front of my tube amp and I think it works just fine for either live sound or recording. I don't have the money for boutique pedals and if we bought a pedal for each of the functions you mention above it would be well over $1000, not to mention the headache of the the pedal chain you'd have.

I would give it a definite thumbs-up for what it's designed to do. (I don't much care for the expression pedal, though).

if we bought a pedal for each of the functions you mention above it would be well over $1000' date=' not to mention the headache of the the pedal chain you'd have.[/quote']

+1

Even if you went with cheaper effects I think you're getting more bang for the buck with a mulit-pedal.

I have it and it's great. It's the same price as the digitech whammy and does that plus much more.

1.) Direct to PA output level I don't know what that means

2.) Twin Reverb emulation (or close) Yes

3.) Light fuzz I'm pretty sure

4.) Wah Yes

5.) Pitch Bend Yes' date=' plus you can assign parameters to the preset and that gives you more possibilities.[/b']

6.) Tremolo It has different types of tremelo.

7.) Long sustain Possibly

8.) Acoustic guitar emulation would be a plus but if it doesn't have it is isn't a deal breaker. 2 different acoustic guitar presets.

Pros?

Cons?

Reliability?

BTW, I am a sax player who doubles on guitar - I'm not a great guitarist so I don't need all the advanced features of this machine, but it does seem to have the ones I like.

Thanks...

Notes ?

This thing has so many great features. All the effects + several drum beats from multiple styles + a 20 second looper + ability to be used as an interface.

Cons: Only up to 20 seconds of loop time, no drums during looping. I can't think of any others.

It's very reliable but lately (after having it for a year), one of the footswitches on mine sticks down sometimes, which causes the presets to quickly switch and if I press the other footswith while that one is down, it goes into bypass mode, then tuner mode, then pedal calibration. I think if I opened up that footswitch, I could fix it pretty easily.

Archived