Gibson Brands Forums

What is this?

Gilliangirl

Oh yes.. I remember them.

Except I cant remember the model number! They came out a few years back (5-7) There were two models in the range.

The one in the video, which is L-00 outline with a super thin body and also there was a J-45 outline, again with thin body. I am sure someone will know the model number.

I went straight to 3:20 Karen to check it out. I don't know for sure but it looks like it could be one of those Gibson Chet Atkins models. Maybe someone else will know better. It doesn't sound too nice!!!!

EDIT . . . no I just looked I'm way wrong here. It doesn't look at all like the Chet Atkins model. I don't know what it is.

...... It doesn't sound too nice!!!!

I'm wondering if it needs to be plugged in for full effect. It sounds like an old Ovation I had around here a few years ago. Unplugged it sounded like kaka, but plugged in it really worked.

I'm wondering if it needs to be plugged in for full effect. It sounds like an old Ovation I had around here a few years ago. Unplugged it sounded like kaka' date=' but plugged in it really worked.

[/quote']

Maybe!

I've seen ONE on ebay. I believe they were a solid-ish body like a Chet Atkins but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. They were made in Nashville and had a kind of name..... I dunno, Americana or something.

Edit: Americana Ranger. Google it.

I've seen ONE on ebay. I believe they were a solid-ish body like a Chet Atkins but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. They were made in Nashville and had a kind of name..... I dunno' date=' Americana or something.

Edit: Americana Ranger. Google it.[/quote']

Aha! Thank you Scott.

ksd to the rescue again!!

It does sound better here Karen' date=' I think you were right about needing to be plugged in:

[/quote']

Yes, very cool sound there! Listening to it with my eyes closed I would expect the guitar to look quite different.

Archived