Gibson Brands Forums

Any St. Louis Jazz Lovers?

L5Larry

I've noticed a bunch of members here from the St. Louis area, and members from various regions are always talking about getting together or meeting one another. Well, here's a chance...

I'll be playing two concerts in the St. Louis area this week with the 20-piece jazz "big band". One is Wednesday evening, April 28, and the other is Sunday afternoon, May 2.

Wednesday, April 28, 8:00 p.m.

Black Cat Theater

2810 Sutton Blvd.

Maplewood, MO 63143

Sunday, May 2, 3:00 p.m.

Meramec College Theater

Humanities West Building

11333 Big Bend Rd.

Kirkwood, MO 63122

I'll be easy to spot, I'm the one playing the Gibson guitar.

L5Larry, if I were in St. Louis, I'd be there.

Unfortunately, NY and MO are separated by PA, OH, IN and IL, and so it would really be quite a long walk. Otherwise I'd definitely be there. I love "big band" jazz--last I checked, there are at least a few "revivalist" groups here in NYC.

Have fun tonight and on Sunday.

Man, I was in St Louis a couple of times about ten years ago. I knew the president of the local blues society and he took me around to a couple of clubs and introduced me to a couple of local players. The music and the atmosphere and the people made me feel right home. Great place. I'd like to be there to enjoy it with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Both concerts went really well, and well attended. The Black Cat Theater show was 24-track digitally recorded, as was our last gig at the same theater. Having played two sets each night, and with four sets in the can, we ought to get a pretty decent album out of it. It will be at least the end of the summer before the mixing and final production is complete.

L5Larry' date=' if I were in St. Louis, I'd be there.

Unfortunately, NY and MO are separated by PA, OH, IN and IL, and so it would really be quite a long walk. Otherwise I'd definitely be there. I love "big band" jazz--last I checked, there are at least a few "revivalist" groups here in NYC.

Have fun tonight and on Sunday.[/quote']

I copy that! And Belgium and St.Louis are at least that far separated from each other!

Otherwise, you could count me in Larry!

Archived