Gibson Brands Forums

ESP/LTD Vipers

Clicked on the link and all I get is this;

Sorry!

The page you're looking for has either expired or is temporarily unavailable.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Need help? Got questions?

Let us Help! Call us toll free at 866-498-7882 or click here to contact us!

To return to the Home Page, click here.

To contact us regarding this matter, or for any assistance you may require, click here.

Mistake Number One - Buying anything from Guitar Center.

Hopefully that was posted for reference only...

:-)

Where is the Viper made?

Not in the USA I take it.

Made in Japan?

That's usually a good sign.

I've yet to see a guitar from Japan in the last twenty years that wasn't first-rate.

Fender, Gibson/Epiphone, Greco, etc...

Concerning that particular guitar, I have no opinion.

It's like everything I NEVER wanted in an SG.

Keep fishing, lotsa metal guys here and somebody might know something about it.

Good luck!

they are made in japan here it is on musicians friend

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-TM600-Travis-Miguel-Signature-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=518618#used

paste it in your tool bar then it should work. the guitar is the signature model to one of the guitarist in the band atreyu.

I'm sorry to tell you that the LTD Series is made in Korea' date=' not Japan. LTD's with a 400 or above in the model name, as in your TM-600, are made in Korea. Those with a number below 400 in the model name are made in Indonesia.

Personally I don't find the Vipers to my liking. Admittedly I play a SG Special Faded, which is not as top of the line as what other folks on the forum play, but I don't find that the Vipers I have tried are as good as my SG. I find the Viper body awkwardly balanced and much heavier than a Gibson SG. I am also not fond of the flat/wide neck, and I don't like extra-jumbo frets. (I don't even like jumbo frets, but that's another story). I definitely hated the EMG pickups with a passion. I think EMG pickups sound sterile, colorless and cold, and I think that after a while you may get tired of their characterless sound.

In my opinion, for what you spend on the Miguel Signature, you could get a used SG Special Faded for about $200 less and have a much, much better guitar. Of course if having the Floyd Rose is that much a part of your style and you don't mind all the factors like the XJ frets and EMG pickups, then maybe it's your kind of axe. Certainly to upgrade any SG to a Floyd Rose would be more expensive than buying a guitar that already has a Floyd Rose on it.

My basic view is that the Miguel Viper series would be something that you would like[i'] right now[/i]. But in a few years, when your musical horizons expand, you might find yourself becoming frustrated with it. It's certainly not going to lend itself to any style outside of metal as far as sound and playability are concerned.

It's your money, but if it was my money I'd go with the real deal Gibson SG, even if it was just the Faded.

Made in Japan?

Keep fishing' date=' lotsa metal guys here and somebody might know something about it.

[/quote']

im a huge metalhead, and i must say vipers are total ****...in terms of sound and looks, there like the autistic offspring of an sg and a pile of hot steaming dog ****, i dont recommend it

...real gibson SGs cant be beat

I know this is a Gibson forum but the viper is almost the exact same shape wit a more odd shaped back. Anyways do any of you have 1. I'm looking to get this 1 http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-Viper-300FM-Electric-Guitar-584499-i1503635.gc.

if any of you have any pics please show them.

thanks ED

IF you buy any LTD, get one that was made in Korea. They are built like tanks. I don't have a Viper though I have played a bunch. They are fine. Not my cup o tea. Then again, neither is the SG. Try to get a used one.

im a huge metalhead' date=' and i must say vipers are total ****...in terms of sound and looks, there like the autistic offspring of an sg and a pile of hot steaming dog ****, i dont recommend it

...real gibson SGs cant be beat[/quote']

C'Mon, stop beating around the bush. How do you really feel about it? [biggrin]

I haven't played the SG looking LTD, but I have played the LP looking LTD. Feels like a toy, sounds like Plastic and Cardboard.

Archived