Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Supersonic

Watched demos online, and damn! That thing kicks ***, very versatile, nice 60 watt combo (at least I would get the combo, also available as a head)

I need to find somewhere that I can play on one. I am very impressed. Anyone have one?

I tried one out at Best Buy' date=' of all places. Seemed pretty nice, but there was something I didn't care for about it. Now I can't remember what it was :) [/quote']

Probably the two stages of gain, kind of weird to get used to probably, but I really like the ability to switch the clean channel between a vibrolux and a bassman

but I really like the ability to switch the clean channel between a vibrolux and a bassman

It ain't neither. It's Fenders attempt to re-capture the Zinkey days with the "Prosonic" which is a totally different animal with different tube options, Class A, tube rectifier, ect.

A few years ago I was gigging my Prosonic combo side by side with a Supersonic.

It's a neat "idea" but it really doesn't SHINE at anything, it's just a jack of many trades, master of none.

In my opinion, of course.....

I'm not saying it's a BAD amp, but I just hate it when they try to sell it like it's more than it is.

You can't take a 60 watt ss rectifier head and make it a Vibrolux.

Or a Bassman.

I don't give a sh!t if your name IS Fender, it can't be done.

Those are both legendary circuits, and they have far less power which is one reason they sound so good.

Now' date=' if I may ask, what are some good 30-50 watt 1X12 or 2X12 combo with two channels?[/quote']

My short list would be....

Mesa Lonestar Special 1;12

Carvin Nomad 1;12

Fender Deluxe Reverb 1;12 (original, but the re-issues are nice too)

I'm not saying it's a BAD amp' date=' but I just hate it when they try to sell it like it's more than it is.

You can't take a 60 watt ss rectifier head and make it a Vibrolux.

Or a Bassman.

I don't give a sh!t if your name IS Fender, it can't be done.

Those are both legendary circuits, and they have far less power which is one reason they sound so good.[/quote']

But that's why I ask, I'm not being a smartass, what would be a good 30-50 watt combo with 2 channels?

Just saw your latest post. How is the LoneStar?

How is the LoneStar?

Beware.

The Lone Star is a mighty 100 watts of Mesa Doom.

The Lone Star Special is 30 watts.

Oilpit bought a Special a while back and now he's signed to a major label and rarely comes around here anymore....

[biggrin]

Beware.

The Lone Star is a mighty 100 watts of Mesa Doom.

The Lone Star Special is 30 watts.

Oilpit bought a Special a while back and now he's signed to a major label and rarely comes around here anymore....

[biggrin]

I will go with a Special' date=' I don't need 100 watts.... yet [cool

Archived