Gibson Brands Forums

Blackstar Ht-5

fast fret

I'm almost in the market for a little valve amp for home use and band practices. My 50 watt marshall is not only too much to lug around but too much to listen to!

I stumbled on this amp by accident when checking out a youtube video of the marshall haze 15. I saw the HT-5 and it looks so much more like the real deal. I'm particularly leaning towards the combo as it weighs in at 14Kg and is just way more practical to take out for practice.

Also, the price is right! I'd love a TT or a Nightrain but they cost that bit more that i can't really get together, especially when only me and the band are hearing it!

Does anyone have any experience or anything they know about this amp?

I just got one for the same reason. My Marshall 50 watts. are just too loud

(well not really I love the Marshalls) but to jam with. I also have a TT. I got

my HT-5 head used of Craigs List over hear (US) for $250 and it's only 2 months old.

Great amp 2 channel with foot pedal, effects in. You get 2 sounds British and American

overdrive. Hey they are designed and built by some engineers that left Marshall.

I couldn't be happier. I use the TT for the lead work.

CW

It's an unsung hero in my book. You don't hear about them much. I'm not

selling my it's doing just what I bought it for. Marshall sound at a lower volume.

It also does a real good Mesa sound. I have the head and a bunch of 2x12 cabs

so I was able to match it to a cab it sounds good through to me. It sounds real

good through any Celestion speaker. I like it through Vintage 30's. The 2 channels

a sweet and a foot pedal. Effects loop all used for $250.

One of my students has a Blackheart Handsome gentleman I believe and he's likes

the Black star better.

It sounds just like the vids on the web site.

CW

I can only underline that the Blackstar HT-5 is a great amp at a great price! It's just a magical box, ...and with the 5 Watt I still sound like Zakk (do I want that?[biggrin] ), but hey you know what I mean!

DSC01282.jpg

I want one of these' date=' too. I'd like another amp but I'm all over the place right now and don't know what to get. Blackstar HT5, Orange Dual Terror, Mesa Transatlantic, Egnater Rebel 20. See what I mean??[/quote']

I see exactly what you mean! [biggrin]

I've only played the head of the blackstar but for what i want it seems to be the best 5 watter out there. I don't need anymore power, i have the marshall for that. In that respect ive ruled out the TT and the Egnater.

I've played the combo and it just doesn't cut it. Every 5 watt combo I've

tried isn't even close to the head version. I just tried the Egg tweaker and it's

not bad but since I have the Blackstar I'm perfectly happy. I am really starting

to like my VM 2266 50 with the dual pre amp controls it's the best new Marshall

in my book. It makes my Tele sound great.

CW

I want one of these' date=' too. I'd like another amp but I'm all over the place right now and don't know what to get. Blackstar HT5, Orange Dual Terror, Mesa Transatlantic, Egnater Rebel 20. See what I mean??[/quote']

Right now, I am having a hard time, trying to figure out whether I should get a Dual Terror, a Mesa Transatlantic, a Fender Deluxe Reverb, a telecaster, mod my Strat, find a used Korean Sheraton and mod that, a Night Train, or realize that I am endlessly chasing a tone and should be content with the stuff I have :-

I just got one for the same reason. My Marshall 50 watts. are just too loud

(well not really I love the Marshalls) but to jam with. I also have a TT. I got

my HT-5 head used of Craigs List over hear (US) for $250 and it's only 2 months old.

Great amp 2 channel with foot pedal' date=' effects in. You get 2 sounds British and American

overdrive. Hey they are designed and built by some engineers that left Marshall.

I couldn't be happier. I use the TT for the lead work.

CW[/quote']

I like the Blackstar HT-5 Head.

I run it through a Marshall 4X12, although any cab will open up the sound.

Like cwness says: 2 channels, footswitch included, versatile sounds, great amp for practice or otherwise.

Archived