Gibson Brands Forums

marshall ma series question

dvir

im thinking of buying marshall ma 50c and i dont know if to buy the combo or the head beacause the head is really expensive it is worth it or shoud i buy the combo? please guys help

here's what i would consider:

1) are you gigging it? how easy is it for you to move heavy equipment? do you have transportation to move a 4x12?

2) price. obviously you will have to spend more on the head since you will have to buy a cabinet. i would watch CL for a used Marshall 1960 cab. a buddy of mine bought one in great condition for $350. the 1960 imo will be better than the matching MA cab.

3) do you have plenty of room in your house, apartment, etc?

4) remember that you can run the combo through a cab. if any of the above is an issue, you can always buy a cab down the road.

5) 4 x12s sound better than a 1x12 or even 2x12.

here's what i would consider:

1) are you gigging it? how easy is it for you to move heavy equipment? do you have transportation to move a 4x12?

2) price. obviously you will have to spend more on the head since you will have to buy a cabinet. i would watch CL for a used Marshall 1960 cab. a buddy of mine bought one in great condition for $350. the 1960 imo will be better than the matching MA cab.

3) do you have plenty of room in your house' date=' apartment, etc?

4) remember that you can run the combo through a cab. if any of the above is an issue, you can always buy a cab down the road.

5) 4 x12s sound better than a 1x12 or even 2x12.[/quote']

i live on a privet house and i have a money problem i want the head amp but i dont have enought money so i need to work for about half year. and another question what is the price difference?

well, i spent all my funds on my guitars..which is hindsight i wish i had bought one less guitar and bought a better amp. i currently have the marshall haze 40. though not as nice as SLP 100w head, it sounds pretty good at bedroom volumes as well as with a band. and it sounds even better when i run it through my buddy's marshall 4x12. depending on the sound you are looking for and your budget, i would consider some of the smaller tube amps: Egnater Rebel, Vox Night Train, Orange TT, etc.

i have not played an MA amp, so i dont know what they sound like. but if cash is the issue, i would buy the combo. like i said earlier, you can always hook the combo into a speaker cab.

Archived