Gibson Brands Forums

guitar debt

harmonicchaos

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. That is a really compliacted story.

Umm... most Gibson Acoustics I've seen were like..... over $2500 but I rarely get time to go to my GC due to all my violin stuff (dont ask) =D> and gigs with my bassist friend. Umm right now I have a Yamaha Acoustic and its great and like $200 one could keep u occupied.

I'm sorry about ur debt problem! There's a guy in my Language Arts Class that's $900 in debt yet he STILL goes shopping.

as some of you know' date=' i recently got a dove. My dad was nice enough to pay for it initially but i have to pay it of over time. the more i think about it the more i beginning to rethink myself. i only have about 500 dollars right now and i don't want to be in debt for the next year+ or so at the very least. i REALLY love the guitar but 2500 dollars for a single guitar is a lot for a 14 year old without a job, especially since i am going to be needing a better amp (2 watts just doesn't cut it )and another electric guitar with better upper fret access eventually (i also would like to have a bass and a drum set eventually). like i said i really love the guitar but should i get a cheaper acoustic (songwriter special) so i can afford the other gear eventually? or am i just overthinking this. '](*,) O:) O:)

I think your dad was Wa-a-a-a-ay too generous. I agree with your statement "$2500.00 for a single guitar is a lot for a 14 year old." Buying on 'time' is part of growing up. Welcome to the 'real world.' Unless you can sell it for what you owe on it. Keep it. Get out and get a job to pay the bill. Once you've paid Dad off, decide what you want, save your money from your job and go out and buy it. Working to earn the money for a guitar.. or whatever, helps you focus on what's important and how you *really* want to spend YOUR money... not your dad's.

If my son was showing a lot of interest in playing guitar at 14, and had genuine talent, I would have no problem helping with a purchase like that...Provided I could afford it and I knew he would learn a lesson about good credit at the same time.

Archived