Gibson Brands Forums

Just strung up some flat wound chromes

daveinspain

on my Johnny A. first impressions are very nice... love the feel and the sound is very rich and full. . Extra light .010 to .048... I'm getting a little clicking at the nut, must be because the flat wounds are a bit fatter than round wounds and it's a tight fit in the nut grooves.. I'm hoping a little big bends will smooth that out.... Took longer to do the change over because of the Bigsby, what a pain.... Anyway just wanted to share....[biggrin]

on my Johnny A. first impressions are very nice... love the feel and the sound is very rich and full. . Extra light .010 to .048... I'm getting a little clicking at the nut' date=' must be because the flat wounds are a bit fatter than round wounds and it's a tight fit in the nut grooves.. I'm hoping a little big bends will smooth that out.... Took longer to do the change over because of the Bigsby, what a pain.... Anyway just wanted to share....[biggrin']

If you think the D'Addarios are nice, you would really love the thomastiks flat wounds.... not only do they sound a lot better, but they require less tension are feel softer...

Archived