Gibson Brands Forums

New Amp Day!!!!

Silenced Fred

Just went to Guitar Center for Memorial Day Weekend sale, and came home with a.....

FENDER MINI TONE MASTER!!! #-o

1 watt, battery powered amp, cost me 30 bucks. For what it is, it sounds pretty good, I am impressed, I can get some good vintage bite to it, Black Keys sound in my bedroom.

I also bought a Vox 845 Wah for 50 bucks, a Planet Waves solderless cable kit, bunch of strings, and some t shirts.

Honestly though, the Fender is a killer little amp, and if you want some vintage sounds, it is there. For bedroom messing around on the guitar, I don't think it can be beat without waking anyone up.

XDemon- check me out on Purevoume http://www.purevolume.com/OddManOut33106

I'm starting to do some more solo stuff, and once I get an acoustic, I will be doing tons. This is my site from that, solo projects are always the best because you don't have to fight people on ideas [cool]

Dub-T- I kinda like it. For my purpose, its so I can get sound in my bedroom without driving anyone else insane, ie midnight last night. Is it the best? No, but it works, and sounds halfway decent.

Congrats on your spending spree.... Could you define vintage sounds.....

No.... [cool]

I like to think of vintage as some of the older blues albums, also, the Black Keys are a pretty good justification of what this amp can do. It isn't super clean, but it can get the job done.

Thanks though, I have been saving up and wanted to get some quality cables, a Wah, and some more strings and shirts.

Archived