Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Owner - Songwriter

hypokondriak

Well I took the plunge and purchased a Songwriter Deluxe Cutaway.

Any other Songwriter owners have a good pic I can use as a background while I wait for it to show up? =P~

I'm pretty excited,...when it really came down to it I absolutely loved the Dove....but the Songwriter was a close enough second place for me that I just couldn't justify the extra 700/800 dollars. Especially since I just play for myself in the living room. 6 months ago I had never given Gibson a thought,...just looking at Martins and a few Taylors I wasn't wild about. Then I get an extended session with a Dove and Songwriter and it was like something magical happened.

Anyway, nice to meet you all - will share some pics when it shows up.

Congratulations! One of my favorite memories is when, a couple years ago, I bought my first Gibson - a brand new J-160e from Musician's Friend. I opened the case in my living room and the smell of the laquer on that brand new beautiful guitar filled the whole room. It was amazing. Your gonna love that guitar.

Hi Hypo

As you may have gathered from another thread you had a lot of welcomes but they all got washed out somehow.

So once again welcome

We are getting quite a few SWDs now

Well my store didn't have EJ19's' date=' but they did have the EXP19's...bought a couple sets of these. Will the phospher coating make a huge difference? I'm not familiar with these at all - always used Martin strings on my Tak.[/quote']

I'm not positive, but I think D'Addario EJ-19's are medium on the bass strings and lights on the trebles. Not sure if Exp's are the same.

Archived