Gibson Brands Forums

Posting Pictures

fretplay

The first thing you need to do is set up a (free) account with one of the many photo hosting services. Photobucket, tinypic, etc. makes no difference.

You can then upload your photos onto that site. Once you've uploaded them, they will display the URL for that photo. It's a good idea to resize, crop, and compress the pics before you upload them so they're not massive. 640x480 or even 800x600 is a good size. Many cameras take humungous photos nowadays so it's best to downsize.

Then, armed with the URL of the pic, you can either just paste that into the body of your message (it will show up as a link) or you can post it like this:

2kmywh.jpg

(Your URL is in red)

If you place the URL inside the 'img' brackets, the photo will show up the body of the message like magic.

Note that you are simply typing 'img' in brackets, then your URL, then '/img' in brackets. Alternatively, when you are posting, you will also see a little photo icon, a little yellow one. Clicking on that will simply put the brackets into the body of the message and you will paste the URL in between them.

Thanks KSDaddy, I did that with Potobucket but the site has been closed for 'security reasons'.

I see other members are getting their Potobucket pictures deleted perhaps by our administrator. Do you know anymore?

I personally haven't deleted any pics lately. Not much controversy on the forum right now.... but the weekend's coming up.

I don't use photobucket anymore, simply because it was blocked at work for the longest time. I switched to tinypic and haven't had any issues, neither with blocking nor with technical issues*. Best to make your own account at tinypic and upload the pics there, NOT just uploading them from the home page.... once uploaded, theyre out of your control. With your own account you can delete them if need be.

*The punchline is that photobucket OWNS tinypic!

Missing pics are usually due to people changing or rearranging their accounts on Photobucket or anywhere else. I sometimes delete pics from my account. So if you're looking at posts that are "older", you're likely to see pics missing.

I've been trying to add a pic to photobucket for a few days. I figured my problems were due to having dialup and an old computer.

It's so old it has a tube rectifier......

[biggrin]

Rectifier? Pffftttt!!!! Mine still has a generator, points, and a glass sediment bowl on the fuel pump!

It has two fuel tanks, one for gasoline to start it on, and a bigger tank wth distillate. I keep an egg on hand in case the radiator springs a leak.

Archived