bkharmony

Goodall Aloha Grand Concert

DSC04186sm.jpg

DSC04188sm.jpg

DSC04189sm.jpg

DSC04190sm.jpg

DSC04191sm.jpg

DSC04187sm.jpg

I got my first Goodall earlier this year and I adore it. In fact, I love it so much, it was killing me not to be able to gig with it. But my gigs tend to be in places I wouldn't bring a nice guitar. So I've been looking for a cheaper (and smaller) Goodall to play in the pubs. This is about as low-end as you can get in a Goodall, but it's still a wonderful guitar. And at roughly half the cost of my other one, I won't break down and weep if it gets a few nicks.

I think this means my L-4A will be up on the block soon.

Drool. Beautiful guitar. I imagine it sounds as good as it looks. And made by a really good guy' date=' too.

[/quote']

Heck, yeah. I'll tell you, one of the (many) amazing things I've found about Goodalls is how similar they sound - the smaller bodies, bigger bodies, different top woods and tonewoods - they all sound like a Goodall. This little Grand Concert really holds its own against my Standard; just a very slight drop-off in bass.

Heck' date=' yeah. I'll tell you, one of the (many) amazing things I've found about Goodalls is how similar they sound - the smaller bodies, bigger bodies, different top woods and tonewoods - they all sound like a Goodall. This little Grand Concert really holds its own against my Standard; just a very slight drop-off in bass.[/quote']

An incredibly difficult thing to achieve, which says something about the level of craftsmanship that goes into his guitars.

I've corresponded with James on several occasions, when I asked him about certain details regarding his craft and materials. In each case it was clear to him that I wasn't considering one of his guitars, but had other reasons for asking those quesstions. Nonetheless, he was very open and gave me the info I sought. To me, that says volumes about him.

Archived