Gibson Brands Forums

Gone fishing - or - I hate it when THAT happens...

Riverside

Sounds fishy should of fined the mate 100 bucks issued a license and gone on with the partyas they normally would and everything else should of been left alone it the bureaucratic and ignorant enforcement of rules like this that make people distrust the government. If it required to participate than they should have check each boat before they started the contest!

Rules is rules. The North Carolina Division of Marine Fisheries could have issued the unlicensed mate a citation... or the entire boat.

Allow them to break this rule and they'll be fishing with dynamite and depth charges.

Rules is rules. The North Carolina Division of Marine Fisheries could have issued the unlicensed mate a citation... or the entire boat.

Allow them to break this rule and they'll be fishing with dynamite and depth charges.

Your post is painful, but true. Got busted on Lake Winnebago, WI for fishing without a license. $200 ticket. Was not happy. Was also pissed at myself for going against my own rules.

If it required to participate than they should have check each boat before they started the contest!

This.

We don't let folks on the fighting field without checking their authorization cards... NASCAR doesn't let folks who are not authorized to drive on the track for races... licenses should have been presented and photocopied at the time of registration.

For $900K, I'd sue them and keep it in court until I won or died.

Rules is rules, I think.

The governing body shouldn't have to bullet-proof the requirements in case some team can't figure it out. It's not like racing or fighting (where the possibility of injury or death forces the governing body to bullet-proof themselves)...

I presume the next-best team will get the prize money, so I don't think anyone is trying to weasel out of paying up.

I can't imagine that whoever prepared that boat, paid the entry fees, etc. wouldn't check the license status of every man on the boat.

Stupid.

Archived