Gibson Brands Forums

London Forum Get Together

albertjohn

Roger G Lewis mentioned in a post last week about another get together.

I have emailed Gibson at Rathbone St and they might be able to help as well.

Who'd like to come along? Please drop a post here if your are interested.

Last year we had a great time but only 6 or so could make it so it was not as good as it could have been. I reckon we'd need 12 minimum.

Open mic and beer seems a good place to start. July/Aug time?

ALL WELCOME!

• 3 weeks later...
Good stuff Lefty. Let's see if we can garner some more takers.

Looks like this idea fell a bit flat! Shame, I was really looking forward to meeting up at Gibson HQ again.

Was a lot of fun last time and could have been again. Don't give up albertjohn!

Matt

Looks like this idea fell a bit flat! Shame' date=' I was really looking forward to meeting up at Gibson HQ again.

Was a lot of fun last time and could have been again. Don't give up albertjohn!

Matt

[/quote']

Thanks for the thoughts Matt and hope all is well with you and yours.

Been really busy at work and I'm pleased to say quite a few gigs too, so haven't had much of a chance to drive this forward.

I did make contact with Gibson UK at their showroom and they are willing to support. We'll need to firm up on some arrangements/proposals and see what they can do. Summer is a busy time with festivals etc and the showroom would not be available at weekends. Also, because of the location, there is a fairly early curfew wrt music, during the week.

Having said all that, it was a great venue. To make it really work we really ought to have about 20 people and 12 min.

I'm in the holiday season now and with 4 smaller AJ's (actually my 16yo is significantly taller than me now) life is busy on the family front too.

Maybe autumn?

Keep bumping this fellas and let's see what we can do.

Archived