Gibson Brands Forums

I don't need much to be happy ...

DeVeeWee

Cool pics, I always liked the lens flare that happens when you take a picture into the sun. You can get some interesting things happening. It's funny, I use 2 Nikon D300s cameras when I'm doing photography gigs, but I'm surprised how many snapshots I take with that tiny little lens on my iPhone. Check out the app called 'Camera Bag' if you get a chance. I think it's a couple bucks, but you can do some cool stuff with it. Cheers.

I just got home from a bike ride up by the ocean. It's a long ways away, 3 hour one way bike ride but it's so worth it to be away from.... everything. It's truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. It's hills, sea grass. The wildlife doesnt even run away. It's so flat you can see for miles and it's just breathtaking. It's really nice out there...

Wow' date=' nice place to spend a couple of minutes just thinking about nothing.

I wish I could get away from the city a couple of minutes everyday and just take a breath. You are very lucky.[/quote']

It's great to have some walks into nature from time to time, just to break the daily rhythm ...

But all luck is relative TG, ... you see the hill at the horizon on the first picture, ... well the city is just hiding behind and the grain field (where I live) has to go in a couple of years due to a real estate project ... ;)

Nice snaps, DeVeeWee. Very tranquil.

...I always liked the lens flare that happens when you take a picture into the sun...

Yeah. I love the backlighting in the snaps' date=' too. That (or else strong side-lighting) with a bit of front fill-in is hard to beat.

...I wish I could get away from the city a couple of minutes everyday and just take a breath...

I agree; it's important to get away from the concrete when possible. Even although we live only 16 mins by rail from the centre of London we're still fortunate enough to be a mere ten minute drive away from real countryside with Bluebell-filled woods. We really do appreciate how lucky we are.

Once our 5-year-old is both confident enough and able to cycle the route it'll be even more fun.

And to think some Londoners say they'll "Never live south of the River!". They don't know what they're missing...

IMHO' date=' the sun going down over a corn field is as good a scene as the sun going down over the ocean.[/quote']

LOL Rocky4, I even had a sense I was nearby the ocean, like the wind made the grain sound and look like waves ...

Archived