Gibson Brands Forums

How about a Goddess/Vixen Club?

GreenSparkleLPC

I already posted this in the Club thread but thought I would start a new thread for discussion:

I saw a nice LP Vixen get snatched off ebay last week. What about a Gibson Goddess and Vixen Club? I think these guitars are unique (and rare!) enough to merit their own thread. Plus, it would justify to my wife all the time I spend reading these forums since she has a beautiful Skyburst Goddess!

I agree, I don't have one but the Vixens are sweet guitars, very streamlined and too often overlooked. I'd love to get one in the pale blue they came in; I don't see them often but last time I did GC had a used Vixen in that pale blue for $700 which seems like a very good price for a guitar that got rare fast. Possibly dumb question, what was the difference between the Vixen and the Goddess?

Without saying that this is a strict analogy, the Vixen is to the Goddess like the Studio is to the Standard/Custom. The Vixen is no frills but sounds just as nice as a Goddess. The Goddess has binding around the body, an ebony fretboard, and more complex finishes. There may be some other cosmetic differences between them, but I think that's about all the differences add up to.

They were nice guitars. I wish they would have just marketted them as "lite" or something like that. I think while calling them the goddess and vixen got them some press' date=' it also turned off a lot of people who didn't want a "girly" guitar.[/quote']

I love mine, but I agree with you, tbonesullivan.

Yeah I think while the names are original they may them a disservice by turning people off to them or thinking Gibson was marketing a thinner, lighter Les Paul aimed at females. I also think Daisy Rock and First Act have probably had similar problems reaching the market due to their names, even though the latter has a custom shop that seems to put out some very nice high end custom guitars while their name just screams "beginner."

Archived