Gibson Brands Forums

PUPs for an Explorer

ArmyGuitar

I am wanting something versatile and mean at the same time, and Passive. The heaviest I would attempt to go would be BFMV but more down in the Alternative realm, Alter Bridge, Saving Abel, WolfMother, Airbourne, and then all your classic stuff AC/DC and so on. Ill be using a single channel Class A 15w Tube amp. Thanks

Guest BentonC

57 Classic and 57 Classic + would be great for warm vintage classic-rock sounds. The Burstbucker Pro pickups would be a little more trebly than the 57s, but still sound great as well.

57 Classic and 57 Classic + would be great for warm vintage classic-rock sounds. The Burstbucker Pro pickups would be a little more trebly than the 57s' date=' but still sound great as well.[/quote']

+1 for the 57/57+

They sound great in my GOTW Explorer (Vibrola trem),I'm often getting complimented on tone! My axe has an ebony board, which will make it a little brighter, but you should get great results from a rosewood board too. I've never been a fan of BBPros, having had them in a Les Paul Standard once. They didn't have the 'depth' of the 57s.

+1 for the 57/57+

They sound great in my GOTW Explorer (Vibrola trem)' date='I'm often getting complimented on tone! My axe has an ebony board, which will make it a little brighter, but you should get great results from a rosewood board too. I've never been a fan of BBPros, having had them in a Les Paul Standard once. They didn't have the 'depth' of the 57s.[/quote']

I have the sam guitar. That sound made me go out and buy a second vintage sunburst exp pro to change the pups out :-

Archived