Gibson Brands Forums

No acoustic Gibsons in latest Musicians Friend catalog????

QuestionMark

Anyone else notice there were no acoustic Gibsons in the latest Musicians Friend catalog? Plenty of Gibson electrics and Epiphone electrics and a few Epiphone acoustics, but I didn't notice one acoustic Gibson in it. Or, did I miss seeing one in there? If not, anyone know what that's all about?

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I was at one of the local GCs about a week ago, they had 2 (count 'em 2-- A very nice J-45 and a Songwriter Delux Studio Cutaway) Gibson acoustics in the back room at Acousticland. The wall that used to hold Gibsons now has Taylors.

Local SamAsh had 1 (a J-45 in a display case). The back wall that had held Gibsons holds more Martins and a couple of mid-range Taylors. There were plenty of Epis on the front wall (used to hold more Ovations and Ibanez).

Robbie's music has the Gibson trailer coming August 28 (looks like the Wayne store) but still shows no Gibsons in their acoustic/acoustic electrics catalogue. [lol]:-k

I wouldn't read anything ito it. There are no high-end Martins or really any other brand in this particular month's catalog (August). There are only 5 pages of acoustics in a 136 page catalog.

The last catalog I saved (June) has 189 pages, and about 20 pages of acoustics. It's just a matter of page count and editorial focus.

Red 333

Archived