Gibson Brands Forums

How much to ask for..

The Breeze

Well, the obvious question is are you good? I wouldn't ask for too much the first time around for any gig, because if they don't like you it's no big deal, they got what they paid for, but if you are good then word of mouth will spread that they liked you and that your prices are reasonable.

Also, it depends on the size of event. If it's huge ask for more than if it's like 20-40 guys in a camping lot or something.

I'd say if you play for one to two hours and each of your band mates clears 50-100$ that's fair, but I've never been paid for a gig because I don't so I'm just speculating.

Well.... you don't say anything about the venue, travel distance, how long you're supposed to play... what equipment you'll need for the gig, what type of gig, whether you'll need rental equipment, how much time it'll take to figure out their equipment to match with yours if such is the case...

Those factors all add up. That's likely part of why you're not getting a fast answer.

Another factor, for example if you're doing a solo with four other guys taking turns, who plays what, when... etc., etc.

m

The thing is, they know how much they want to pay, they're asking to see if you know the market price for a live band now. Checking to see if the auditioning band has their heads in the game. No Drummer may be a problem for you, venues want drummers. The assumption being "No Drummer, No Dancing", Go Figure.

The Demo CD is also a test. They probably won't even listen to it, they just want to see if you're serious enough and into it enough to make a demo.

Anyway, good luck. Bikers make Great Audiences, I hope you land the gig

This thread blows my mind. A biker rally is probably a good payin' gig unlike all the top clubs in Nashville. You'll probably wanna get invited back for more gigs by this group of folks, so keep it reasonable and play well. Assuming you are a solid band and you can meet their expectations you can probably get $500 total, plus food and drinks. As I said, keep it reasonable and play well.

Archived